“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Ventura, CA
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The best veggie tacos and salsa I've ever had. This place is short on ambiance but huge on flavorful food. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013

Mountain View, California, United States
“Wonderful food/great value!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This restaurant is not in a wonderful part of town, but the food, service and value are all fantastic! My husband enjoyed the chicken enchiladas (especially raved about the sauce) and, although the restaurant's vegetarian offerings were relatively slim, I got the vegetarian alambre, which was very tasty and different from any other Mexican food I've ever eaten. It actually had diced (I think fresh) pineapple in the mix. We shared a horchado, which was good. The chips are freshly made, crisp, and the assortment of salsas (we especially enjoyed the red one) are also delicious. The prices were very reasonable (my dinner was only $8.25!), and the service efficient and friendly.

Visited August 2013
“Terrible service but great food”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The waitress have bad attitude bad manners in a very unhappy mood it was just awful and when I wanted to order something they made faces mean faces never going back but great food and terrible service

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Fact805
Yuma
“One of the best meals I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

After a long day of traveling, this hit the spot! If you want fresh, delicious food - this is your place! The atmosphere is very basic, not fancy, probably what would be defined as "hole in the wall". BUT the food makes up for it! We ordered guacamole and they made it fresh - some of the best I've ever had! The food was all seasoned perfectly, the small corn tortillas were delicious, the salsa bar was wonderful! The only thing I could say negative is that the chips didn't seem hot and fresh, but they were still very tasty! We were just passing through Ventura, but I'd be a regular if I lived there!

Visited May 2013
Ventura
“I'm afraid the cat is out of the bag”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The best part is the food, but it seems the secret's out. I used to be one of the few people sitting in for lunch... now it can be crowded, arrive early.

• Visited April 2013