“Authentic Regional Mexican Food”

Taqueria Cuernavaca
Ranked #81 of 441 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The name "Cuernavaca" as in Morelos in central gives you a hint that the food will be different here. The same old endlessly boring SoCal interpretation of Norteno food is not to be found, which is a good thing. Have driven by it a hundred times and we showed up rather late on a busy weekend. They were very accommodating regarding our party of six that grew to ten. The service was spot on with everyone getting served the right thing, and quite quickly. The servings are good sized, and nobody walked away wanting something else. Good values as well.
Will definitely return

2  Thank Barry W

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were so lucky to have stumbled upon this simple little taqueria at lunchtime during a road trip. The food was fresh and delicious, authentic Cuernavaca food. While the setting is nothing fancy, the food more than made up for any decor flaws. I would go out of my way to eat at Taqueria Cuernavaca again! Don't miss it if you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This place has delicious tacos. I almost always go for the stewed beef tacos. It is a smaller place and usually very busy, although I've never had to wait long for my food.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Understated restaurant, incredible authentic Mexican faire. Our family walked in and their hopes seemed to be deflated by the interior appearance. I got some flack for making the trek here. Now that every bite has been consumed, I'm the hero for today. Don't miss out. The ratings are on target.

1  Thank BendBurd
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent food! Local and homemade. The pork tacos were amazing! The chips were delish and the salsa was yummy. My husband & I to each have 3 tacos with rice and beans with a beer was less than $30. I love walking into a place and seeing people who live there eating. Authentic food from Cuernvaca! The area seemed a bit on the sketchy side but not dangerous.