“Just a great addition to downtown”
Review of Barrelhouse 101

Barrelhouse 101
Ranked #18 of 437 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Calling all beer connoisseurs! Are you on the hunt for a craft beer or micro brew that you just can't seem to find in SoCal? Do you need an outstanding meal to pair with your beer of choice? Then head to Barrelhouse 101 in Ventura! We have over one hundred craft beers and micro brews on our tap wall, an exceptional menu of high quality American cuisine, and some of the friendliest staff in town that are eager to find the perfect beer for your palette. Want to learn more about one of the beers we have on tap? Feel free to ask our bartenders for more information, or head to our website and check out our 'Beer List' tab. We've partnered with TapHunter to provide our guests with the most detailed descriptions of all the beers we offer. Just click on the name of the beer you're interested in to find out more! Barrelhouse 101 is proud of our impressive menu, featuring a wide selection of high quality burgers, wings, sandwiches, and more that are made fresh daily using top notch ingredients. Planning a party and need a place the whole family can enjoy? Book your event at Barrelhouse 101! We have a beautiful banquet room that can comfortably seat up to 40 people -- perfect for any graduation celebration, wedding rehearsal dinner, or birthday party. Whether you're in the mood for some great food, an eclectic craft beer, or a perfect combination of the two, Barrelhouse 101 is the place to be. We're looking forward to serving you!
Reviewed 31 March 2014

As nice as it would be to see another spot to dance in Ventura, this bar has been a great addition. No shortage of selection when it comes to beers, lambics, porters, etc, and a full bar to match. Service has always been on point, and it's a great place to start or end the night.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The beer selection was outstanding. The price was a little steep compared to other places that had the same beer though. The menu didn't intrigue me that much so I can't really give it a high rating. I am sure others will like the menu better and have a better rating for it.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

A friend and I went on a Friday about 1:45pm. Our wives were going to join us later so we thought we would do some beer sampling. There were 5-6 tables empty in the main dining area, but they seated us in the patio. There were only two table occupied in the patio when we were seated. After waiting for about 5 minutes, the server (Ricardo) came to the table. We told him our wives would not be there for a while, but he still brought 4 waters. We told him our beer order and he left. At this time, two guys came in and sat down. They had a different waiter who brought their water immediately and took their order. After another 10 minutes the other table had their beer, but our waiter was nowhere to be found. We waited another 5 minutes and I flagged down that waiter and asked him if he could check on our order. We should have taken this as a sign and cut our losses, but in about 5 minutes our beer came. Now we ordered 2 of the same beers, but what he brought us did not look the same. I was familiar with what I ordered and told him it was obviously the wrong beer. He appeared very confused, but took my one beer and said he would get the correct selection. After 10 minutes, he still had not returned. How hard is it to ask the bartender for a new beer. I went to the bar myself and asked for the correct beer. The bartender told me the server never brought him the new order and promptly got me the correct beer. After we had finished our beers, our wives arrived. We ordered some sandwiches and they ordered a beer and a wine. When my wife asked what the house chardonnay was and if it was an oak or stainless steel fermented, he just stood there with a blank look on his face and told her that he didn’t know wine and that beer was his specialty (god help us as he was clueless on the beer). He did say he would check and returned about 5 minutes later and said it was a buttery chardonnay. My wife told him no thanks and would like a glass of Pinot Grigio instead. After another 5 minutes, another waiter came out and started to serve my wife a glass of Chardonnay. We told him it was not what we ordered and asked again for the pinot grigio. Another 5 minutes passed and she was finally served the correct wine. Now, when we went to the restaurant we knew we had just over an hour and a half for a beer sampler and maybe a sandwich. Plenty of time correct? Wrong. It had been 30 minutes since we placed the food order and no food was to be seen. At this time we told the waiter to cancel the food order and get us our check. My friend and I went to get the car several blocks away, while my wife paid. When she got the bill, it still had the food on it. She is not one to cause a scene so as she paid the bill. At this point they miraculously finished the food so they put it in to-go containers. When I saw what they did, I took it back and demanded it be removed from my bill. The manager told me that the ticket time was only 20 minutes. Unfortunately he could not say how long the waiter had held the order before he turned it in. If my experience with my beer was any indication, he held it for about 15 minutes. The other woman in our group has over 6 years experience in food service and 10 in customer service and was appalled at the way the server and Manager acted.

Beer: Great selection, but not always cold

Food: Have eaten there before and found the food OK. Nothing special except for the onion rings.

Service: Service has ranged from OK to terrible. Each time we go back, it gets worse.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We have eaten here a few times this trip to Ventura. Recommended to us for the burgers, but the beer seslection is awesome with 101 beers on tap. Quite a selection from lagers, IPA's, sours and more. My buddy says the fish tacos are great and from the looks of the plate he didn't leave hungry. I built my own burger and it was cooked to perfection. Second visit I had the short rib sandwich. Yummy. Next time I plan on trying something new and not being disappointed.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

good food, good service, and 101 beers/ales on tap. get there early because it can get busy after dark.