“Expensive with cheap portions!”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #110 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Description: Home to the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza and other innovative hearth-baked pizzas, made-to-order pastas, creative salads, appetizers, soups, sandwiches and desserts. It's a California State of Mind.
Ventura, California
“Expensive with cheap portions!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I ate here last weekend and really noticed how small the portions have become. I could count the arugula on my salad (10 leaves) and the asparagus was so minimal with 3 one inch pieces on the plate! Although it was one of their small plate salads, it was ridiculously small and quite the rip off. When I asked where the asparagus was, the waiter told me "its a small plate" and I was schooled about the small plate portions. I won't order any of those again because it might have been a "small" portion but the price was BIG!

This CPK is under new management and Wow could I tell the difference, I never had any of the wait staff argue with me about 3 tiny pieces of asparagus before, and I've eaten here many times in the past. Considering the cost of food here, I expect more than I ever get. Beware of rip offs here.

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Processed”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I felt like I was eating food made weeks ago. Everything seemed like processed food. If you are into organic food, which I'm not, you'd never eat here.

Thousand Oaks
“Great Food”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

It's just a great place to eat. Good menu selections, good service. Salads should be split. If your udecided, get the salad/pizza. It's unique.

Visited May 2012
“CPK always good food”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I enjoy the Garlic chicken pizza. Not a red sauce pizza, but delicious with white cheeses, chopped garlic, chicken and onions. The faces of the servers come and go but the service is decent but the location is in the local mall so not much on atmosphere.

Visited November 2012
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

When my husband and I moved to Ventura over 2 years ago, we were taken to California Pizza Kitchen in the Pacific View Mall and enjoyed the food and service. We realized we hadn't gone in awhile so we went a few weeks ago and it is like a totally different restaurant. The young hostess was bored out of her mind with her hand holding her head on the hostess/host table (we were told she wasn't feeling well but if that's the case, management should have taken her place immediately since the greeter is the first impression of the restaurant). The food and service wasn't anything special like we remembered. We won't be back. Too expensive for what you get. There's another restaurant right there we enjoy.

• Visited December 2012