“Consistently Excellent in all aspect”
Review of Lure Fish House

Lure Fish House
Ranked #1 of 446 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours: Happy Hour Sunday 11:30 am - 6:00 pm and Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. We have a Private Dining Room and offer Patio seating overlooking beautiful downtown Ventura! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Today was our third visit in about 1 1/2 years and we continue to be favorably impressed. The menu provides a wide selection of choices, the servers are attentive and friendly, the food and drink are great, the price is reasonable, the location is convenient and the atmosphere is very pleasant. Every Lure employee presents a positive, professional and friendly attitude and make it a pleasure to dine at Lure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,230)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've eaten at Lure several times, and each time I've enjoyed the food and excellent service. Fish is served fresh and it's delicious; often locally caught favorites are featured on the menu. I'm picky about my chowder, and the New England clam chowder at Lure is one of my favorites around. The numerous sides are creative and tasty, especially the roasted Brussels sprouts--yum--and the corn salad. My family likes the potato pancake, but I'm partial to the veggie-based sides, including the slaw. If you're a fan of oysters, you may enjoy the oyster bar. The ambience is friendly, if a bit loud sometimes, but if you have a larger party, you can reserve and request the back room (we dined there with a party of 9 and fit in cozily). Lure does not take other reservations, a drawback, but they don't have to as the restaurant is so popular. Service is typically top-notch. Although there can be a wait at times, I have had good luck, usually walking in and immediately being seated or being seated within 10 minutes. Going for lunch instead of dinner and avoiding the busy weekend times can help. Parking is set aside for Lure in the parking garage behind the restaurant and parking can be validated. I've been hooked by the delights at Lure!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lure is always packed on Fridays. If you don't want to wait for a table on a Friday night, arrive by 5:00. Know that you'll be pushing it at 5:30 and that happy hour revelers pack the bar by 4:00. I recommend trying lunchtime on the weekends when it's less crowded and a little cheaper. Crisp, contemporary, open environment. Casual but on the pricier side for Ventura. The albacore crostini appetizer remains one of my favorite bites ever. Fun oyster shooters (Asian, Mexican and standard ). Although good, I don't think their plates of grilled fish are anything to write home about. However, the side items are special and tasty. Go for the sanddabs if you want a fish dish and make sure you don't fill up on the warm sourdough rolls. Small happy hour menu so if you're at the bar, feel free to order from the regular menu. With the exception of Brophy Bros., our seaside town once lacked a really good seafood restaurant. Lure took care of that problem and apparently, everyone knows it.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a super restaurant, with a wide menu of delicious fish dishes and terrific service. It's our new favorite place to go. Only problem is, it's everyone else's new favorite place, too. If you go in the evening, plan on a wait. It is also kind of a "happenin' place", so it's filled with good noise. We like to go for lunch when it opens, at 11:30, and can usually get a table right away. Try the outdoor patio with heated sidewalk--really! We sat at the oyster bar once and had a fun experience talking with other folks there and watching the guys do their thing.

1  Thank doctorsandy
Reviewed 5 August 2014

So the food is great, we all loved our dinner. Drinks are great and even the service was top notch. But if your looking for a relaxing dinner, this is not the place. Due to the expansive large room in which everyone is in, the noise level is off the charts. If your looking for a fun, loud, social time than this is the place for you. There is one, small private room which I think you can reserve so try for that if you want a more personal, private experience.

1  Thank Christina J

Been to Lure Fish House? Share your experiences!