“ok place”

Paradise Pantry
Ranked #20 of 436 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Wine Bar
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This place has a good selection of wine and cheese, service is good but nothing else to add.
I tried the fish soup and it was too spicy, the turkey sandwich was bland.
I might return to give them another chance though

2  Thank PabloD309

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We were at a car show in Ventura and happened upon the Paradise Pantry. It is a small casual restaurant with a gourmet wine and fine cheese shop attached. What a wonderful find! Their generous cheese plate is beautifully presented with delicious selection of cheeses, dried fruits, nuts and sliced bread. It is obvious that the staff really care about the food preparation and presentation. We were very impressed. All of the sandwiches going by looked amazing and the people around us were all obviously enjoying their food. Our salads were wonderful. They have a large chalkboard on the wall with the daily specials and wine flights. The cheesemonger in the attached shop was very knowledgeable about their stock of wines and cheeses. We are definitely going back to try some more!

1  Thank bstorm
Reviewed 11 September 2013

A friend of mine recommended I stop in for a bite. The wine and food here are fantastic. They have a great selection of local wines, cheeses as well as a selection of soups, sandwiches and desserts. If you want to get a flavor of what California has to offer, of what Ventura has to offer, start here. It was a truly memorable experience. I had the tasting flight as well as the blue cheese stuffed figs....Wow!

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I love Paradise Pantry. The service is the best in town. The wine selection is great. The cheese plate is delicious!!!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the quaint but chic atmosphere appropriate for girls hanging out, romance or even alone! Excellent menu. I recommend trying something you would normally order. My favorite is the cheese platter. I actually took some home.