“Knowledgable staff and interesting experience”
Review of Olivas Adobe

Olivas Adobe
Ranked #18 of 71 things to do in Ventura
Chicago, IL
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Knowledgable staff and interesting experience”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I visited with my yr old niece's class and was impressed by the docents who worked very hard to educate. It's interesting to know how people lived back 150 years ago and the story of the family and owners of the adobe. Worth a visit.

Visited January 2014

Ventura, CA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful and educational”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I love our Olivas Adobe! Really fun for kids, you can walk along the building and look in to see the rooms all set up with original pieces of furniture and items of the time. Docents are really wonderful there and it's on such a beautiful piece of property with a beautiful courtyard and a historic rose garden. In the summer they have "Music Under the Stars" which is an evening in the courtyard with touring and local bands, always top notch talent! A great date night for adults!

Visited April 2013
LARGO
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“I would have missed this if not for Tripadvisor”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I am so glad I toured this beautiful Mexican Ranchero. It gave me the feeling of living in that romantic period of time. I really loved seeing the courtyard and the rooms with the original furnishings and seeing the photographs of the families who lived there. It was really a wonderful experience and I recommend it to everyone who has ever read a book about the Spanish era of California history. It makes your imagination soar. The rose garden is a wonderful bonus.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank getupgonow
Ventura
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fine example of Mexican Ranchero Period Adobe”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I liked the intro movie about the locations history and especially liked the voluntary donation and ability to walk the property and tour it myself. You see furnished interiors of how the property looked when it was a Mexican Ranchero after the Missions distributed land to ranchers.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank stonewallheir
California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A bit of local Spanish History”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The "Adobe" is located about a mile from the Ventura Marina along Olivas Park Drive. My club just held a function in the courtyard of the Adobe providing me my first opportunity to see the authentic Spanish Adobe, go through it's rooms and learn the interesting history of the Olivas family. Make sure to go when there are docents available -- the tour is about an hour. I think this is on the weekends.

Visited July 2013