“Camping at the BEACH!”

75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Camping at the BEACH!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

One of the few place one can camp on/at the beach in SoCal.

Rocky Beach with sand nearby, Hikes, Train Tracks, Ventura River Estuary, Wild Flowers, Bathrooms, Outdoor Showers, Group and Individual Camping.

Just a few miles from other beaches and fairgrounds with other attractions.

Sound of the Freeway so near was a constant, but not awful.

Ventura is a great place. I hope to get back more often and the Channel Islands, (near this park btw) are high on my list for a day hike and snorkel.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bentheredunthat

Ventura, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Favorite RV place”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We RVed in nearly every state during a 10-year span. This was our favorite location. Park farther away from the entrance for the best sites.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank GreggP1943
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“B E A utiful!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I grew up near here and have been going to Emma Wood beach my whole life. Just this weekend my wife and I did a long bike ride through here and enjoyed every minute of it thanks to the perfect weather and gorgeous ocean. The waves can be good if you time it right and the people are always nice. Definitely visit this beach when in Ventura.

1 Thank Jywindowguy
San Bernardino, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Emma Wood Beach”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have visited Emma Wood for years. When the kids were young, I had an RV and we would go to Emma Wood for camping. Right on the beach was lots of fun. We would all get up when the tide went out and check out all the rocks, fish, etc. I packed flashlights for everyone and that's the best time we used them. The beach has a beautiful view and just isn't packed and jammed like a Newport Beach is. That's the good part, not having to dig for a place to sit down. Now that I'm older, I stay in a hotel but always make a visit to Emma Wood. Still has that beautiful view. When you pay to get in they have the casey bathrooms, so you don't have to go without. Being on the beach takes my stress and worries away. After I come home, I am refreshed and calm. Wonderful time.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Donna B
cypress
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Time Campers!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went there for camping with a big broup! The camp gound was near the beach and actually you can walk to the beach in a few minutes. The location wasn't really ideal for real camping since it was between 101 and railroald, that will keep the noise
basically all night. The good thing about the camp ground was that no threating animals. And not many bugs....I believe something to do witht the cooler weather. You won't get sweat unless you jog or hikes, very comfortable. But it's cold in the evening and you need to bring a lot of logs for firepit. you can buy it on site, but Vons is 5 minutes away, so you can buy them there at anytime. They only had a outdoor cold shower( like beach shower). So you need to bring bathing suites to take a shower! Or you can use other water in the camp area to only wash your hair..... Restrooms were not that clean ,but while were were there at least, it cleaned twice..., but bring your own toilet paper! It's gone quickly and due to the beach climate, the paper gets wet... Also I recomment to bring hand sanitizer or even spray like Lyzol....that will help you totally! Bring extra blanket and warm jacket for evening. Parking was a bit of problem...if you don't come early enought,close parking to the campsite will be gone...and you have to park in other side parking area. Bring bloom and dust pan... there will be sand all over in your tent....
Bring ear plugs! There will be a lot of noise from 101 fwy and railroal..... dont place your tent close to 101!!! You won't be able to sleep without ear plugs..... Overall, it was fun. Becasus of the cooler weather, no bugs and no animals. When you take tent down, you don't really need to clean bugs on the tent at all. Did not even hear or see mosquitos either! It's a fun place to camp as a big group. We may go back there again!

Visited July 2013