“Our dining experience of Ventura water front.”

Eric Ericsson's Fish Co
Ranked #42 of 434 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Great food and great waiter staff serving you very efficiently but not in a rushed manner.

There are newer reviews for Eric Ericsson's Fish Co

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Ciopino full of large shrimp, scallops, fish, crablegs and mussels, potaoes celery in nice light and unsalty tomato broth. Great price for the quality. Excelent service

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I've been coming here for years and it is usually my first choice to bring out of towners because of the exceptional location and view. The food can be anywhere from excellent to acceptable, and I know it is a tad overpriced, but I don't mind paying a bit extra for the full seaside experience, especially during the day on the deck or the upstairs terrace, watching the sun set over Surfer's Point. On my last visit, though, I had to rethink my high opinion, even cutting them some slack. The windows were filthy, and the whole place, in daylight, was tired and unclean feeling. OK, so it is a funky beach town, but this was right on the verge of unappetizing. It was busy but not even close to completely full, our server had good intentions but was harried and forgetful. My companion ordered a sandwich but since they offered the full dinner menu, and I don't often find sea bass on menus any more, I ordered the $22 entree, which was supposed to be fresh and local. It took a full hour. The server explained that there was only one kitchen and bar (downstairs) during the day, and the entrees took longer. If they can't offer a full menu upstairs during the day with acceptable service, they shouldnt try. When i got my entree ( with no offer of more bread or anything during the wait) the pricey fish was tragically over cooked. I was starving and ate it, but it wasn't even worth half of what they charged. My sense is that they are trying to cut corners and it shows. So be advised that they promise more than they deliver, especially during the day, upstairs. Come on, Eric, you need to up your game. I will think twice before returning, which is a shame.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I got the urge to drive to the beach for some coastal dining, so we did a little research and decided to try Eric Ericsson's. We found it to be first-rate all the way. I wish I could remember our server's name; he was outstanding. Both of our meals were great. Nice bottles of wine for $20, and people are complaining about price? We walked away for under $80 with excellent service, great food and wine, and an amazing view. That's hard to beat. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

This place used to my hang out back in the day before getting married and having a kid. I even had my my twenty-first birthday here and I had my bachellorette party dinner here too come to think of it. This place has a great vibe and always has. The weekend jazz music is great to listen too while sipping a white russian and shooting some oysters.

The food is very good too. The chili relleno was the best I've ever had and the salmon was always my favorite. In fact this is the place that I discovered my love for seafood. I always loved places with a fish market, and this one has pier too.