Comfort Inn Ventura Beach
US$174
US$168
  • Beachfront
US$87
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$83
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$133
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$88
US$158
Travelocity
1,150 results
All reviewsdenny's breakfastbreakfast voucherschoice hotelsfront deskdouble windowsin n out burgerroom was cleanstay there againoff the highwayconvenient locationchannel islandsgreat place to staystaff was very friendly and helpfuleasy accesswalking distance to the beachshort drivesanta barbara
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I found great reviews on TripAdvisor and decided this was where we would stay; excellent from the time we walked in. Very clean room, Denny's for breakfast was great and Kenya, at the front desk made you feel welcomed the moment you walked in the door. Walked in after day of exploring to find Jose, Hotel Manager putting up their tree so we had the pleasure of great evening conversation about the Venture area. Will definately stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
ComfortInnVentura, Manager at Comfort Inn Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear haydens4360,

Thank you for taking the time to pay us your compliments! We are so glad you were able to deduce from other traveler’s reviews that you wanted to experience our friendly service and comfortable rooms here at Comfort Inn Ventura. We love to hear about our guest interactions and are so pleased you had the opportunity to spend some time chatting with Kenya and Jose. We believe that these interactions are the key to our service as it allows us to provide more knowledge of the area, make suggestions for entertainment, and ultimately learn more about how to exceed your expectations. We invite you to return the next time you are in Ventura and we look forward to knowing you further.

Comfort Inn Staff

Reviewed 18 November 2013

First of all quite surprised this ranks as the #1 ventura hotel on tripadvisor. However after looking at some of the recent reviews they are all from members with only ONE review on tripadvisor....yes just one review at this property. Interesting. Well here I am top contributor with 50+ reviews, so listen up.

Check in Arrived around 245 pm and was allowed to check in without having to pay that exhorbitant early check in fee, which I might add seems ridiculous if the room was not occupied before. Only in las vegas(and even then they often dont) have I seen charges for "early check-in" If the room is ready, let your patron check in for goodness sakes!

At check in was given a cold shoulder welcome and not made to feel COMFORTable as I was lectured about the rules and regulations of the room policy. Dont be upset that I beat choice hotels best rate guarantee and thus given a free room. As i went to my room I noticed the room had to beds and behind me i see the agent running after me to tell me that I was given the wrong room keys. Just a few minutes earlier she had my initial a document agreeing to hotel rules etc, and I noticed that the rate was listed as some amount other than $0.00 which I pointed out to her but she assured me that was just the way it was done. When she handed me the new keys she also gave me a new document to initial and sign, and what do you know, the room rate listed was $0.00. So 5 minutes into my stay and Ive been given the draconian order, sent off to the wrong room, and lied to. Yikes. Nothing really positive about the property, only highlight would be the breakfast. You DONT eat from a hotel prepared spread, instead you can go get a $6 grand slam breakfast from dennys. So i guess that isnt a positive about the property itself, as its one highlight was a service provided by someone else.
Here is some advice for readers and for the property. There is a downtown trolley that goes all the way down to harbor village and back to main street. It is complimentary and picks up across the street at the marriott. Mention this to your guests, they will appreciate the tip even if they do not take advantage.

Room Tip: Get it for free.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
ComfortInnVentura, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review for our property. We truly regret that your initial perception of our facilities and services is not more favorable. As noted within your review your stay was 100% complimentary and while we certainly did not intend for the iteration of hotels policies surrounding our Best Rate Guarantee to be of draconian mode or tone, your stay was granted after countless attempts to out do this guarantee and therefore based on very particular circumstances and restrictions all of which we felt would be better openly stated so as to avoid any future misunderstandings. Transparency and honesty are two business principles by which we strive to conduct business at our property and so while we also strive for impeccable accuracy we regret but gracefully acknowledge to the initial mishaps of your reservation. Thank you kindly for generously noting the immediacy by which our desk agent rectified this matter. We further wish to thank you for raising note to the fact that t fees outside of the publicized check in & check out times are not foreign to the lodging industry and that we are more than happy to oblige these requests so long as they fall within a reasonable time frame. Lastly, we noticed that you have decided to stay with us in the near future and humbly thank you for your continued patronage and likewise look forward to exceeding your expectations and proving to you why in spite of a few recent hiccups, hundreds of reviewers rate us #1 in Ventura! Please feel free to contact us directly at the property if we may be of any further assistance. Happy travels!

Kindest Regards,
Jose R. Preza
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews which all looked good, one stated rude reception service but beautiful quiet rooms. The girl that checked us in was RUDE!!! Must've been the same girl the other reviewer had!!! Room was clean & spacious
But don't get that excited. One guy claims a "swan" made out of towels & soft music upon entering his room... Uhhhh, where??? Not here! Room had a extreme musty smell & is right next to the freeway
Not that quiet!!! After traveling from Monterey & having a bad experience at another "choice hotel" this one didnt make up for up either & front girls service doesn't make me wanna stay a member.

• Stayed: November 2013
ComfortInnVentura, Manager at Comfort Inn Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Tysch,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We are deeply sorry for the poor reception you received upon check-in. This is sincerely shocking news to us. Customer service is our utmost priority and all of our agents have a reputation of being friendly and eager to assist our guests. Your experience was very disappointing to learn about it and you can be certain we have shared your comments amongst our staff. We hope that you will be forgiving of this misstep and stay with us again in the future. Our rooms have all been renovated and we guarantee you will be pleased their brand new condition.

Comfort Inn Staff

Reviewed 11 November 2013

One of the best Comfort Inns for the rate I have stayed in. This is a clean, fresh hotel that I would recommend. Service was polite but slow. The room was large and comfortable. The area offers several amenities for travelers.

1  Thank 98,980

Dear 98980,

Thank you very much for your sharing your positive experience! We are delighted that you found a true value in the product we have to offer. With newly renovated rooms our facilities feel as though they are brand new and we hope all of our guests feel the benefit. We apologize your service felt slow. We strive to complete the business transactions as efficiently as possible so we may move on quickly to the fun part of getting to know our visitors and helping you settle in comfortably. We hope that we will be seeing you again soon!

Kindly,
Comfort Inn staff

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Once I got through one of the worst check-ins ever, my stay was great! Upon arriving to the hotel,I entered the lobby with my bags and my baby. I was tired and ready to put the baby down for a nap. I approached the desk & told the young girl that I'd like to check in. She checked for my reservation and I told her that I wasn't sure when we'd be leaving and that I wanted to pay cash up front. She said, "ok". Then she asked if I minded if she stepped away for a minute to bring some keys to another guest. So, I stood there waiting with my squirming, tired son. Another employee, who looked to be a manager or something with a suit on, came to the desk and apologized and then proceeded to answer the phone. Once the other girl came back, she asked for my credit card & ID. She asked me if I had a car & I said I had a black Chevrolet Tahoe. She asked if I knew the license plate & I didn't, to which she replied, "OK, what color is it?" So, I repeated the color to her & she proceeded with breakfast information, check-out time, room location information and acted like the transaction was over. I reminded her that I'd like to pay now and she looked confused. She said, "Oh, I ran your credit card." I told her that I specifically said I wanted to pay cash & she acted like she was going to try to fix it. Then she said,"Well, if you pay cash it will cost..." At that point I didn't even hear exactly how her sentence ended because I just wanted to get to the room. The room was perfect...spacious & bright. The decor was modern and it smelled clean. I would stay there again, but I'd get rid of or retrain the employees on customer service.

2  Thank lvanmaanen

Dear Ivanmaanen,

Thank you very much for reviewing our facilities and services. We sincerely apologize for your less than stellar first impression of our hotel. We wish to assure you and all readers that our #1 position for customer satisfaction is one that we have attained by a relentless, generous, and humble approach to our patron's experience. We thank you for remaining so objective in your review and for noting how hard we have been working to create a truly functional, aesthetically pleasing, and affordable environment. As the Hotel Manager I can personally assure you that your experience is not a regular occurrence and that corrective measures have been implemented to adequately address this matter. We sincerely hope that next time you're in Ventura you will provide us with a second opportunity to create a perfect 5 star experience for you. Once again, our many thanks for your time and patronage.

Happy Holidays,