“Poor value, falls below expectations”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was disappointed with this property and the staff. I was under the impression that there was a sofa sleeper based on the website, however that is only for the suite which was not made clear. Upon arrival after travelling 800 miles, they did not have the room I requested and two of my family members had to sleep on the floor as no rollsways were available either. I was interrogated on how many people were sleeping in the room and why I would need a rollaway in the first place. I didn't appreciate that considering I had an average number of people and requesting rollaways is normal. The staff had no consideration for our long travel and trying to accommodate us. There was no breakfast at the hotel as advertised, it was rare to find an available parking spot, and the wifi constantly disconnected. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
ComfortInnVentura, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear LaurenASLC,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our facility. We apologize for any inconvenience our room accommodations may have caused you during your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a seamless experience.
Brandy J

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was good - nice room, great location. However, I arrived with my family at 1:35 p.m. hoping to check in a bit early (check-in time was 3pm) and was advised by the desk clerk there would be a $25 charge to check in early. However, they did offer "complimentary" early check in between 2~3pm. He said it was "hotel policy". I travel a lot, both business and pleasure, and have never experienced an early check-in fee... especially if the room is ready! I voiced my disappointment... "I'm paying nearly $400 for 2 nights, it's now 20 minutes before "complimentary early check-in", there is an available room, and you want to charge me $25?" He checked with the manager and they stuck to their policy. So my husband and 2 children sat in the car in the parking lot for 20 minutes, walked back into the lobby at 2pm, and checked into our room. Ridiculous and very poor customer service, in my humble opinion. I will stay at the Marriott across the street during my next visit to Ventura.

Room Tip: Don't plan on checking in early unless you want to pay a fee.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ComfortInnVentura, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Karen G,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during check in. Your satisfaction is important to us and will use the information you’ve provided for improvements to ensure guest satisfaction in the future. We try our best to accommodate each guest and are truly sorry that we weren't able to meet your expectations. We hope that you may reconsider and stay with us again so that we may have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Rico does an excellent job on the desk. Room was very nice and clean. Everything worked well, including the fake fireplace. Housekeeping did a good job, but late. Could probably use more help. Also a larger coffee pot. One cup at a time doesn't work for two adults and a grandchild.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear John W,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our facility. Our entire staff works diligently and dutifully to provide every guest with a clean and comfortable stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again on your next visit to Ventura!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stay for only 2 day hotel was ok clean but not very modern. Staff very friendly. The breakfast in denny's sounded great but the location of denny had terrible review and we decided to not go for it. However there in&out next to the hotel :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tomek146,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are overjoyed to hear that you were able to take advantage of our local eateries. Our provided Denny’s breakfast is hot, delicious, and can be nutritious, so we hope that if you come back out, you will take advantage of that as well. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip out!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The location was convenient to the beach and the fairgrounds, where we were showing our Silky Terriers over July 4th weekend. Even though the hotel is right next to the freeway, our 2 rooms were quiet and restful. I would have preferred breakfast at the hotel but their arrangement with Denny's for breakfast was not too bad. Be certain that if you plan to change the credit card you want to use when you check check out, you make sure the front desk manager notes that on your profile. In my case, the wrong card was charged at check out and it wasn't worth the hassle nor did I have the time to fix the problem.

Room Tip: Be sure you ask for a room away from the front
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Uptik,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had during check out regarding payment methods. We invite you to please stay with us again so that we may have the chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have stayed here before. The hotel is what i come to expect from Comfort Inns. The rooms are always comfortable, clean and i sleep well in the beds. The locations square footage is small, so no dining area. They provide you with a voucher to Denny's (which is near) for your morning breakfast. There are plenty of eating establishments within a few miles.

The only issues is parking. It is a small lot.
I will always stay here, when i am in Ventura.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Richard R,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Comfort Inn Ventura Beach. We appreciate your feedback and your patronage. It is a joy to hear that our central location and breakfast option were of convenience to you. We are very sorry for any inconveniences you may have encountered concerning parking and are doing our best to make accommodations for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

To be honest, my friend and I weren't expecting much from the Comfort Inn; we booked a room there only because all other Ventura hotels were booked for the holiday weekend. Because it was a holiday weekend we ended up paying a lot more than we would have liked ($220 a night) but what can ya do? To our (happy) surprise, our stay couldn't have been better.
Every staff member with whom we had dealings was extremely pleasant and helpful. No request went unanswered (and were answered with a smile). The rooms were tastefully decorated, nice sized, and appeared to be very clean. The hotel provides basic amenities, such a small refrigerator in the room and plenty of soap, shampoo, and conditioner in the bathroom.
My room faced an In 'n Out drive through window. When I found out the In 'n Out stayed open until 2:00 a.m. I was pretty nervous that I was going to be kept up to all hours listening to a chorus of "and a side of fries with that." Not to worry, though! When I voiced my concerns to the front staff they pointed out that the room was equipped with triple pane windows. Sure enough, when I shut the window I couldn't hear a thing. The bed was very firm and two different types of pillow firmness are offered.
The hotel is located right off the freeway and is a short walk to a Starbucks, gas stations, and various fast food restaurants. My friend and I walked to the pier on a trail along the beach in about 20 minutes. Free parking and a voucher for breakfast at a Denny's across the street were two nice (cost-saving) bonuses.
The only tiny negative is the in-room coffee. In a word: yuck. In two words: brown water.
Will I be back? You betcha!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank threedognight3
ComfortInnVentura, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Threedogknight3,
Thank you so much for taking your time to review your stay at our hotel. It is most joyous to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at our facility. Every aspect of this hotel, from our staff, to our in room amenities, to our breakfast option, are cultured with the utmost comfort and ease for our guests in mind and it is our pleasure to have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to being able to accommodate you again during your next trip out!