“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have only had great meals here - service is quick, the servers are funny and the atmosphere is old school homey feel like grandma's! You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Recommend for anyone!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were strangers in Ventura on a weekend getaway. The was recommended for breakfast by our hotel and we were delighted. The menu was large and diverse. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The portions are huge so if you haven't a way to save leftovers, consider asking for smaller portions or splitting with your sweetie (we did both). The place was very busy on a Tuesday, so go earlier and leave time. The other patrons were friendly and companionable too.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

this is an awesome breakfast place! the place is very small and there is always a wait but the staff is great about keeping the pace moving and seating tables the minute there vacated and cleaned . they have a great menu with alot of california ingredients thrown into the mix. The biscuits and homemade raspberry jam is the best! i dont usually eat biscuits but my boyfriend swears by the biscuits and gravy its a huge portion and really good with bacon. I like to put the jam on my rye toast and its awesome! its moderatly priced but be prepared for a wait its worth it!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I love to find one of a kind breakfast places. We arrived early on a weekend so we avoided a wait. By the time we left there was quite a line of folks waiting for service. The atmosphere of Allison's was definitely what we look for in a small, old fashioned diner type restaurant. All the staff was friendly and courteous. My husband had buckwheat pancakes which were average (and he is a definite pancake connoisseur). I had the biscuits and gravy. The order included two huge biscuits. They looked great but I found them dry. To me the gravy was not the ultimate I have ever had. I did not find it creamy or rich enough. I like a gravy made with a fine gravy flour, whole milk, and lots of butter and those ingredients seemed to be missing. Also, I like my gravy served at a relatively hot temperature and this was just warm. The biscuits and gravy also came with the homemade raspberry jam. The jam was outstanding! Overall, Allison's was a pleasant experience but not something I would wait in line for.

2  Thank desertescapee
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I KNOW ON WEEKENDS THeir will be a wait. i absolutely love their breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!. the biscuts are big and the raspberry jelly....OMG!!!
Their omlettes are what i order and have never been dissapointed. their salsa i good.