“Rude Owner”

Christy's
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 August 2009

The food was mediocre, the server was very nice, but the owner, surprisingly, was very rude. It ruined my experience there and I doubt I'll ever return.

Reviewed 24 September 2008

I'm visiting a relative in Ventura, CA, and have eaten at Christy's 5 times so far, so obviously I'm a fan. Lot's of locals seem to agree. This is a family owned and operated restaurant and all were eager to please. If it's not on the menu, just tell them what you want and how you want it. No problem.

During breakfast, check out the locally-baked raisin bread, a real treat. If you enjoy spicy, try the salsa on your eggs. A few onions cooked with my potatoes, no problem.

For lunch, I've zeroed in on their deli-style sandwiches. The Reuben was well above average. I'm not a big salad eater, so I requested sliced tomatoes and avacado instead. No problem.

Not the Ritz, but not a bland chain either. Good food and friendly, above average service. After you're done, take a walk around the harbor and enjoy some wonderful views.

Reviewed 22 October 2006

Christy's is right on the harbor. Had the scrambled eggs, hash browns and toast for around $5. There's not much variation in eggs and toast so they're as you'd expect. The hash browns were just chopped potato, no extras like onions, bell pepers, etc. My companion had a waffle. On the weekends, they have a waffle bar where you can put your own fruit toppings. The thought of fresh fruit sounded enticing, but they only had canned peaches, apples and strawberries. One round waffle for about $6.95. The breakfast burrito sounded interesting.