“Great Carne Asada”

Cabo Beach Grill
Ranked #322 of 434 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I am from Arizona and it is hard to find good Mexican food. I went to Ventura to visit family and we tried Cabo. I ordered the Carne Asada tacos and they were very flavorful and tender. I would definately order these again. The rice was good and so were the beans. I would recommed trying the carne asada tacos.

There are newer reviews for Cabo Beach Grill

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have eaten at Cabo about three times and each time the food tastes OK. Nothing bad but nothing great to set it apart from others in town.

1  Thank hof40
Reviewed 20 January 2012

There are better choices for Mexican food in Ventura. The location is convenient and I really wanted to like this place, but it was so bland. Service was friendly, but if you want fresh flavorful Mexican food I would go elsewhere.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

I love this place! The food is fresh and excellent. There is a big screen TV for sports fans and the service is super friendly. Great Prices, too!

Reviewed 16 March 2008

My wife and I stopped in on a Sunday about 5:30 PM, on our way home from a concert. I had read complimentary reviews some time back, but not the most recent posted prior to this one.

Let me make clear that this restaurant is very close in atmosphere to a fast food place like Taco Bell. You order at a counter, the food is prepared (quickly) to order, and in our case was delivered to our table, possibly as a courtesy since we were the only ones there.

The tables are apparently stainless steel seating up to 4. There is no escaping a large screen projection TV at the end of the fairly long and narrow eating area, unless you face away from it. We decided to watch the soccer match, announced in Spanish, while eating. The plates and utensils are plastic.

The food was actually pretty good. My wife had the Fajita plate, which she liked, and I had the Enchilada plate. I asked about Chiles Rellenos and Margaritas but they carried neither. I have to agree with a previous reviewer that the Enchiladas were not as good as what I am accustomed to. Maybe it was the sauce. We had more than enough to eat, and with 2 Coronas, the bill was about $22. We bussed our table ourselves, leaving after the blue team and orange team finished in a 2-2 tie, followed by an on-field fracas.