Shores Inn & Suites
  • Restaurant
Rex Motel(Ventura)
Rodeway Inn(Ventura)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife's mother passed away and due to Ventura having a Johnny Cash festival hotel space was very limited. I ran across the website for Shores Inn and saw some initially favorable reviews so out of pure necessity we booked on-line and prepaid three nights for a king bed room. When we arrived the room had a queen bed in it, the room smelled, the bathroom was dirty, the room itself was run down, the mini-fridge in the room had gunk in it and reeked, there was no A/C, the TV in the room was an old run down tube TV and not the flatscreen that they advertised, the area was very seedy, there were people staying there that obviously lived there, and overall it was nothing as advertised other than being close to the ocean. The desk clerk became belligerent when we said we wouldn't be staying there and refused to refund us any of our money. This experience was completely unacceptable and made a difficult occasion that much worse for us. This place is an utter disgrace.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark V
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I enjoyed staying there , great location, price was ok. The linens had a funny smell not sure they get changed everyday. A couple of blocks to the beach. Employees (Trevor I believe was his name) very friendly, and ready to help, made me feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mayeta1
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have never written a bad review before but this one is bad. We were recommended this motel by their sister motel in the hills. We checked in and then 20 minutes later checked out and got our money back. The clientelle that were already staying there were yelling and screaming at each other - using foul and abusive language. Some rooms were quite clearly being used for very long term rentals by famliies that are happy to cook just using a mircrowave.

All that I could live with but the damp small that pervaded the air as you opened the hotel room was awful. My kids room had cigarette burns in the covers and to be honest I didn't even open the door or the bathroom which I believe would have been hideous - I just turned around and left.

Room Tip: Don't go here unless they overhaul their motel and change their clientelle.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SurreyTravel_Bug
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed there one night. It was dirty all over. The duvet is dirty and smelly, looks like haven't been washed for years. Microwave has spills in it. The fan in the room was so loud and mad me feel I am sleeping by a operating plane! I couldn't sleep at all, the noise, the smell invests.

Horrible horrible horrible place and need to be shut down!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jetjetter
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This Inn/Suites is short of even being that. Yes, I looked by the beach, but the area is just run down. Just take a look at my pic's. For the price you pay, you are better off staying at the Holliday Inn or even better, take the 30 - 40 min drive and enjoy Santa Barabra. Much cleaner and the reception is welcoming. Don't try to negotiate a re-found, the Manager('s) don't return calls.

Room Tip: Holliday Inn guarantees the "Best Price" or your first night is free! Book early & save, plus earn rewards on your stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business