“Will never ever stay there again...”

Shores Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I recently stayed at the shores inn,The customer service was absolutely horrible,The guy, who checked me in, didn’t even turn down the TV to acknowledge me. Then when I said “hello” he didn’t even get up out of his chair until a few minute later after I filled out my reg card.He handed me a key and sent me to a filthy room, the Comforter had white stains all over, the bathroom was dirty a lot of hair in the bath tub. Half of the furniture was either dirty or broken. My headboard almost fell from the wall. When I complained to the guy at the office he said there was nothing he could do because the maid had already left,Then I asked for my money back and he told me that they don't offer refunds so I was stuck in that nasty, trashy hotel.I had the worst sleep ever with all the drug and prostitution traffic. I couldn’t wait to get the heck out of there.
When I got home, I spent a half an hour going through my luggage because I was afraid that I brought home bedbugs or something worse.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Cindy5555

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Last night there was a parade of unsavory characters shuttling from room to room and the strong smell of dope smoke. Could not get out fast enough. when I told the desk person on checkout that the sheets were worn out, he shrugged. If you like druggies and prostitutes, this is that place to be on a Friday night!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vikingfuneral
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My wife and I spent 8 nights here from nov 8 to 16th. The staff were rude and generally unhelpful. The place was overrun with drug users, and homeless at low rates. Cigarette burns in the comforters, holes in the wall, smell of urine are just a few of the pleasant ammenities which you will find.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rafttrip
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Rude employees, tenants live on premises, high drug and prostitution traffic, drug paraphernalia and blood spots found in room!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank unity1028
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Pulled up in front, took a look around at the trash spilling out of the five dumpsters/trash cans in the entryway, kitchen garbage cans shoved in the planters and went , ugh oh. No wonder the room rates were so low and VERY negotiable. Parked long enough to see some rough trade going upstairs to rooms with doors wide open with residents standing over the balcony smoking and a girl leaving wearing hip length leather boots and black spandex, climb into a gold Mercedes SUV and drive away. We never even left the car....and we were traveling with a full grown Doberman Pinscher!! When I called home to alert my Dad we were staying somewhere else I told him I was in fear for our Doberman's life!!!

Had a friend tough it out and stay...he said they had to show him three rooms before he found one with clean enough carpet to walk in. So much for new flat screens and renovation. The outside was a dirty mess, dead flowers in hanging baskets, overturned shopping cart in the breezway, traffic cone in the parking lot looking as if it had been run over, spider webs on the room fronts. It was a hot mess!

When we returned going South to stop at the Starbuck's down the street I was able to snap a few photos...including one with the police out in front! There was no place to walk dogs, the front desk had a vacuum on the desktop, as if was also the repair shop, should I go on?????? Needless to say, took a look on the internet, (Thank God for my Droid phone!) and found the Clock Tower in downtown Ventura!

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank actiongirl79
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Shores Inn gave my friend and I bedbugs. An absolute nightmare. We complained to the staff, but they seemed uninterested.

Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2008

This hotel is really not for the kinda people that need the sheets turned down for them..Yes its older(their in the middle of trying to get it back into shape),the maid doesnt knock on your door at 9am even though your check out is at 11am like most places.But i can tell you this much, they went out of their way to make my son and myself feel at home...Walking distance to the beach,coffee shop and the best fish and chips restaurant ive been to in a long time..If your looking for elegance and the bill to match stay somewhere else...But if your looking for a great location and down to earth real people,and your not too terribly needy then stay here...Thanks to the staff for all their great suggestions and help...We'll be back next year..:)

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family