“Quaint -- fun for those who love trains”
Review of The SideCar Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Telegraph
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The location is convenient on Main Street. The food is fancy and upscale. Sitting in an old train would definitely appeal to those who love trains. The prices are a bit high, but it's a fun place on special occasions.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Lovely little side car made into a restaruant. It's been around for years. It offers local organic fresh vegetables and local music. It's a nice fine dining experience. The menu is just on plain paper, not impressed by that all. The menu choices are strange (unique) . If your open minded about menu choices, this is a nice place to go.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We live about 3 minutes away from the SideCar, but it sort of looked closed every time we drove by... looks can be deceiving! They are open for lunch 5 days, dinner 6 days, and the weekend brunch is STELLAR!

My wife and I finally decided to just drive into the small parking lot in back and walk in on a Sunday morning with a friend who was in town, and it blew us away when we saw the decor! The vibe is an elegant traincar, and the service and the food are both top notch!

The bloody's were the best in town by a long shot, and once I saw how perfectly they nailed the eggs benny and tasted my wife's lavender french toast with strawberry preserves, lemon curd and fresh whip cream (the menu's words, not mine! I always thought it was whipped cream, but oh well!) I was in love. We said to each other, that morning, out loud, that it was our new favorite restaurant. I have yet to try their coffee, so I can't comment on that. Not sure if they do espresso either.

We have since been back for a dinner, a lunch (on our anniversary!) and another brunch with a couple that just moved to town, and it's always excellent. The time we went for dinner they even had a jazz piano player there singing old songs, it was really nice.

HIGHLY recommend!!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

About 14 of us went for dinner to celebrate a 50th anniversary - at the table we had the filet, sea bass, ribs, salmon and someone even had a goat ragout. I didn't taste all of them, but they were all beautifully presented, and everyone finished their plates. We brought our own wine, and the staff was quite happy to pour and pour and pour.....There was a pianist in the background, perfect accompaniment. We didn't see any of the inconsistencies that have been mentioned in other posts, but then again, nobody ordered grilled cheese! Desserts were tasty, portions generous, staff were helpful. I would go there again if I lived in the Ventura area.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Went here for the second time in as many years and loved it the same both times. Built around a real 1910 vintage rail dining car the Sidecar offers good food in a comfortable setting. Of course there is a genuine restaurant built around the car so don't think it's just a narrow dining car, there is a real one built right onto it. The dining car offer a nice, classic look to the front of the establishment. The food here is always good. I had the third pound burger with seasoned fries and my wife had the braised short ribs and both were very good. The had a piano player/singer in the bar the night we were there playing classic Sinatra, Route 66, etc and it added a nice touch to the overall atmosphere. Again a wonderful dining experience. Can't wait to come back here again.