“eclectic and awesome...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Victorian Rose

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ventura
Victorian Rose
Ranked #2 of 9 Ventura B&B and Inns
L.A.
“eclectic and awesome...”
Reviewed 21 July 2006

i stayed with innkeepers richard and nona once again, and, as always, was awed by their graciousness, the groovy environment and excellent food. the vic rose is a perfect getaway for antique lovers--there's lots to look over throughout the wonderful old gothic church. this visit, i treated myself to the emperor's bedroom--up a spiral staircase to the choir loft, all decorated in chinoiserie and shades of cinnabar, with a huge stained glass window. i've sampled several rooms, all equally lovely, and my teenaged son enjoyed himself here before as well--thanks, in large part, to the warm and welcoming hosts. a great, out-of-the-ordinary choice!

• Stayed May 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank katzpjz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
California, USA
Reviewed 8 May 2006

My husband and I spent our anniversary here and were thrilled with every aspect of our stay. The Victorian Rose is a converted Gothic Church, heavily decorated with many lovely antiques - maybe not to everyone's taste, but we LOVED it. Beautiful room with a nice firm bed, gas fireplace, good tv and a positively fabulous bathroom. Communal area is small, but friendly and I could write for pages about Nona's wonderful food! Don't miss snacks and tea at 5 pm, and breakfasts are AMAZING. Location is terrific, just far enough off of the main drag to be quiet, but easily accessibly to Ventura's many antique shops and the mission. RIchard and Nona were born to run an Inn - they are friendly, warm and very knowledgable about the many activities of the area. Stay here - you won't be sorry. I'm coming back and bringing my kids this time, as I know they will be welcomed.

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank FourOnTheGo
Reviewed 9 September 2005

This place was only $99 a night, our bath was, unfortunately, "located acroos the hall." What she failed to tell us was that it was in full view of the dining room. The paint is glopped on over old paint. But that's okay, because the dust is so thick and undisturbed that it covers up the bad paint job. When I first entered the Inn, I thought it was also a packed to the rafters antiques shop. Nope. That's the ---- decor. When we had breakfast with the other guest, we discovered our horror at the pack-rat-like decor was shared unanimously. My big goal every night: trying to get into bed without TOUCHING ANYTHING.

12 Thank generic230