“Stay here if you want fleas”

Travelers Beach Inn
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Booked as a last minute sleep over as everything else was booked out. Room was dirty and smelly. Was attacked by bed bugs or possibly fleas. Receptionist was very rude. Would recommend sleeping on the street or in your car over this place.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank JanetKLA

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is that kind of motel where you stay because you are on a budget, it's cheap, you are tired and all you need is a bed and a shower. When you stay there, you wonder if the person at the front desk is a mafioso and if someone is going to break into your car. Not too clean, not too nice, and not too welcomig. There is no breakfast either.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lidia L
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel does not know Service Dog Laws. They try to require paperwork for a service dog, which is against federal law, then scream at you and kick you off their property when you try to educate them on the laws. If they don't know laws that have been around for over 20 years pertaining to their business, what other laws are they breaking? Makes you wonder....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tina M
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night, and the only positive was good wi fi connection. The room smelt dreadful, the bathroom was awful and the shower so grim I forfeited a shower that day and just had a quick wash. The coffee maker even had the previous guest's old filter left in
it!!!! The owner was a nosey old biddy, who asked so many personal questions. We half expected her to ask for inside leg measurements, she was so personal.Do
yourselves a favour and stay elsewhere. This place really was not nice

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank DeanaRichmond
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We got there late in the night. We needed only a bed and a shower. The person from the front desk started to question us about personal staff and after a 10 min interview she liked us and we got a nice room upstairs above her office. The tv was very nice and the bed comfortable. The room was not very clean but I care less about the dust. This place is very close to Starbucks and the world famous fish taco. It looks like if the lady from front desk likes you, you are like. We were there only for one night. We arrived late around 10 pm and left before 10 am next morning. I saw the creepy truck but I was not afraid at all. The parking lot is all open and I don't think that someone will break into your car in the parking lot. We had a coupon for that motel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ileana I
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I checked in after a long day of driving. The lady who checked me in was very rude and insisted my boyfriend get out of the car and come into the lobby. When he did she questioned him like he was a criminal. After we finally got our keys we went directly to the room. It was filthy. There were stains on the sheets and the bathroom was disgusting. I went back to the lobby to request a new room. The clerk once again was rude and spoke down to me. Our new room was worse tha. The first. It smelled terrible and had a leaking toilet. I asked for a refund and the clerk began to scream at me and my boyfriend. She refused to give me my money back and then kicked us out. She pretended to call the police and then flagged down a guest who was outside and told them my boyfriend was harrassing her and we trashed her room and were refusing to leave the property.

Certified crazy.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank winstonjo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

i arrived late requesting a first floor room...at first i was told there were none, then the nice desk clerk came to the car and said she did have one available....it was comfortable and roomy...my room had no coffee maker at all, and fortunately, i travel with one!....i enjoyed the stay as the inn is seemingly in the center of everything i wanted to do/see....a 5 min walk from the beach which was a pleasant surprise when i got up the first morning....the downside is, i stepped on a carpet tack which was exposed due to the carpet separating at the seem near the bathroom door...all in all, i'd stay here again!...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo