“Stinky Room”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Boise, Idaho
“Stinky Room”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The motel is right off the freeway which is how my boyfriend and I saw it. It was about midnight so we were desperate and just looking for a place to stay. We quickly looked up the motel online and saw it had decent reviews and thought OK its just for one night anyway. The stay was pretty cheap for being in CA ($100/night) so we went ahead and got a room. The AC in the room did not work. Also the carpet in the room was wet, I assumed they must have recently had the carpet washed or something but it made for a bad smell in the room and the fact the AC didn't work to at least help ventilate the room made it even muskier/dingy in there. The room was very outdated but that was the least of my concerns at $100/night. I just wish the room would have not had wet carpet and an AC that worked. If you don't check out promptly at 11 am, the owner/worker will pay you a visit. We checked out the next day then stayed at the La Quinta Inn Ventura the following night (about 2 miles away) for the same price and had a MUCH better room w/ complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AT11301

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel really clean and updated stayed here for 5 days was also super close to the beach was able to walk down to the pier In the morns will definitely stay again when I visit the area also they were very accommodating I had booked a king bed room but when I got there I decided I wanted to 2 queen bed room he was able to make the switch for me at no cost thanks again for the awesome stay

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Bryan19933
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Waited too long to book a room for Memorial Day weekend. Paid lots more than the average price listed here. However, we were grateful to find a room. It met our basic needs. Good bed, good shower. Room had a strong air freshner smell. Had to air out room before we went to bed. Asked staff not to use it when they cleaned the next day and they complied. There was no coffee in the room and there was no coffee in the lobby. On a freeway but traffic really did not bother us inside the room. May consider returning if price was lower.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathy P
San Jacinto, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have stayed in many motels and hotels this is one of the best motels i have stayed in when I go in to a motel there is rust steins in the shower areas plaster falling off the walls this was a nice place to stay ill do it again if i'm in that area.

Room Tip: the room i was in was good if you don't mind the 101 freeway traffic.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Granite Bay
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Victoria motel is a budget motel and this is what is rated on. We paid $68 for a king bed room. There was a microwave and fridge in the room and the bed was comfortable. The room was clean and of a good size. Although not far from the freeway our room was fairly quiet. Room 113, first floor, next to the owners quarters. Within a mile there were several restaurants and stores that would provide all that a traveler needed. We travel a lot and stay in first class hotels and budget motels and there is a difference. When staying one or two nights we always save money and go budget. This place provided a hot shower and a comfortable bed at a great price in a pricey area. I would stay here again. Also we needed to leave several suitcases in our car as we were on a long road trip and there were no problems.

Room Tip: Room 113 is next to owners on the first floor and was quiet and safe for us
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Saturday8
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I had intended to stay over in Santa Monica but the cheapest rate I could get was $150 so opted for this instead, at a more reasonable $85- albeit still much more expensive than the majority of other places stayed on my trip. Approx 30mins on highway

First off don't go off the booking.com address! They have it wrong, fortunately my sat nav
came to the rescue. The chap who was in reception was not interested in this, but was friendly enough, and even showed me to my room

Room was spacious, if a bit bare. I could tell the rooms get a lot of use.

PROS
Spacious, bed was comfortable.
Wifi was strong ( I noticed the router was situated near reception so request a room near to if this is an issue.
Room on the whole was clean.
Large LCD TV, with cable although no Guide so I had no idea what was on
Micro and fridge

Cons
Walls were very thin. Wok(en) up to someone in an adjacent room on the phone!

Some of the cable channels had interference

One power socket at desk was loose, lamp had no bulb in it. Thus meant I could not work from the desk.
Upon checkout (7:30) no sign of breakfast ( I'm sure I read somewhere one was provided)
Although there are plenty of shops close by

As per my title this was ok for an overnighter, any longer and I would consider elsewhere

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank padprod
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very clean beds and bathrooms. The interior of the room was far nicer than I had imagined. They also had a microwave and fridge/freezer in my room. Real nice owner who even helped me figure out a feel places to check out while I was in town.
Definitely, definitely stay here. I would have easily paid twice the asking rate just to stay at such a nice place.

Room Tip: I'm not sure I remember seeing a fitness center here but I didn't bother to ask. They have a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business