“Playground for the Kids”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
So Cal
“Playground for the Kids”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

A true family restaurant, there is even a playground outside with a view of the ocean, pier and sunset. Sit inside or out. Inside there is a roll of paper towels on the table with a hole in the middle of the table for tossing your garbage. All this casualness, but the food is pricey and GOOD, like a nice restaurant. Good kids meals and coupons, family karoke nights, etc.

Visited November 2012

“Seafood? Really ??”
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

6 of us went here for my Birthday in September. It took a long time for our waiter to come and acknowledge us. Everyone requested water and a few if us ordered drinks then 3 appetizers. Our water arrived in 2 trips and then 2 drinks showed up and 10 min later the third. When the third drink arrived our waiter inquired if we would like to start with an appetizer. We ordered it with our drinks.. The crab stuffed mushrooms were very good. The crab cakes were really horrible-bad!! For the steamers I think we each got 2. I had the stuffed snapper and it actually tasted like dried out chicken. My mother had 3 bites of hers and couldn't eat it, it was so bad. She had a bite of my brothers seafood pasta and thought it was worse than her meal. She had the potato out of my sisters lobster pot. My nephew had the crab nachos as his meal. Hardly any crab or cheese, just a lot of chips!! We ordered another round of drinks but while waiting and waiting our waiter started doing a dance routine with the other servers. Guess that's cute but I'd rather have a refill on my water, the drink I ordered or some of the dirty plates and glasses removed from our table. I have been a server for almost 20 years, in very high end restaurants with my own tendencies to be very organized and obsessive about everything being clean and tidy. With food and drinks served that I could be proud of. I wanted to get up and bus our table and refill our drinks!!! I definitely miss the Chart House that use to be in this location. This restaurant is drive thru food at Chart House prices. And drive thru food is a stretch.. I also don't like being asked repeatedly to donate money to the cause of their choice. I wanted to ask in return if they would like to donate to the 'National Wildlife Fund' The only thing I liked was keeping our drink 'mason jar' glasses.. This restaurant reminds me of a lot of restaurants that stay in business because of location, location , location..and absolutely nothing to do with the food or service. What a disappointment.

Santa Clarita, California
“Always Happy Hour”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Very lively place with giant crab legs and a great atmosphere. Get here at the right time and catch a sunset. Very fresh seafood and a big selection to choose from. Always a party atmosphere and a fun place to take a date as well as family.

• Visited July 2012
New Mexico
“Seafood! Any questions?”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I can easily be had for seafood of any variety. Joe's Crab Shack does not disappoint as diners are presented with overwhelming quantities your choice of fish, crab, lobster, shrimp and (gasp!!) mudbugs. We ate ourselves into the mandatory coma and contributed to the "No Kid Hungry" program with a challenge donation that the energetic staff happily helped us achieve. We recommend you do the same.

Visited September 2012
Moorpark, California
“Chuckie Cheese meets the sea”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Though known for his singing and dancing waiters, it was loud and unbearable. Kids running around. The bar area is super tiny and for the price of food, not a great experience. The location is fabulous over looking the ocean, but it's what you would hope would be a fine dining place instead of wasting the view on fish and chips.

Visited August 2012