“Very Nice (with a few issues)”

Dargans Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 437 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've been to Dargan's several times and I would happily return. I usually have the fish n chips but I've also had some of the other Irish dishes. I enjoy the atmosphere and the prices are reasonable, but I just wish the food wasn't quite so greasy. I always end up sopping up the grease from the fish n chips with a napkin or two. But it is tasty and I will go back.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Visited twice during our stay and enjoyed the food, drink and atmosphere both times. Plenty of sitting friendly service and interesting menu.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Any menu that offers an Irish breakfast any time of the day is a plus. Although, I would like to see traditional Irish pudding offered. But that may not be for everyone. Great, friendly service. Plenty of tv's for sports viewing. Full bar and of course a wide variety of beers of the world. I was there on Sunday morning for football, as well as Friday night at the bar. Not a lot of football fans but Friday night the place was hopping. Live music would be a nice touch.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

basically a good Irish pub, with really great food!
love the pear & brie salad, and the shepherds pie is satisfying.
best sweet potato fries in town!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Arrived on a Monday night at 8:50pm and the whole downtown area was dead. My boyfriend and I really needed some dinner and the bouncer out front said the kitchen was open til 10. Went inside and when we said we wanted food the hostess had to check with the kitchen and then with a manager before saying we could eat. I ordered a potato leek soup and fish and chips. The soup was ok. The french fries were delicious. The fish had no seasoning, no flavor and the fried parts weren't very crisp. The tarter sauce was more mayonnaise than tarter. My boyfriend hated his mac and cheese (obviously made with a TON of Velveeta) though I like that. He did like his pot roast for the most part but was disappointing at the price for the quality. At least my beer was only $5.