“disappointed”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Harbor Blvd.
Transit: Amtrak stop is at Fairgrounds, approximately 1/2 mi north of Aloha Steakhouse.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was disappointed with the food everyone rated this place high soup was good but the steak not good bad cut and seemed old. The bread was old . The sauce on the salmon not good tasted as if it came out of a jar. Food for the price was poor.

There are newer reviews for Aloha Steakhouse

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Good food. Prime Rib was excellent. Prices were a bit high but nothing outrageous. Service was good.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Every time we visit Ventura we eat at Aloha Steakhouse. Great service & the most delicious food, while you look at the people walk by & the ocean.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great location right along the boardwalk. The tables near the windows have some great views. There is a nice bar area. The atmosphere is nice but casual.

There were four in our party. Three had steaks which were all well prepared but nothing special. My wife had the baked scallops which was served with tartar sauce. Kind of an odd combination. I actually wanted seafood but couldn’t really find anything on the menu that interested me. In general, all the food was average. I expected more for the price. The menu is outdated and needs some help.

The service was downright poor. Our waitress was very slow. We never received refills on water and were never offered refills on any other beverages. I would have liked to have ordered a second beer but by the time our waitress came by, I was finishing the main course. Dirty dishes sat on the table for quite a while before anyone cleared them.

This place must survive off its location. It has a lot of potential but needs some help. Next time we will look for something else.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Wife and I walked in at 8:30 on a Monday night and were promptly seated on the patio (enclosed) with a gorgeous view of the Pacific and the historic Ventura pier. We had the prime rib with bleu cheese salad wedges to start. The prime rib was perfect. Tender and very flavorful. Finished it off with tableside Bananas Foster.

This is the perfect romantic getaway restaurant with excellent customer service, food and location. Now just book the Crowne Plaza Hotel next door (it's the secret 4-star hotel on Travelocity), you go down the elevator, walk out the back doors and there's the Aloha Restaurant.

Been to Aloha Steakhouse? Share your experiences!