“Great food, a little pricey”
Review of Aloha Steakhouse

Aloha Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Aloha Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 439 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Harbor Blvd.
Transit: Amtrak stop is at Fairgrounds, approximately 1/2 mi north of Aloha Steakhouse.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great appetizers and seafood. A little expensive, portions kind of small. I had the scallops and they were delicious.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ordered the large appetizer dish and drinks. The platter was large and could have easily been enough for four diners. Everything was excellent except for the chicken which did not seem very fresh. The Aloha is a bit pricey but that is to be expected because of the location which is near the pier.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

right next to the Crowne Plaza, food was great service both nights was wonderful. We are truly looking forward to the fall escape weekend.
Mark and Maria S.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Can't vouch for the rest of the menu, but the mussels were great and I was given plenty of bread to mop up the juices. The staff was very friendly and my waitress was a sweetheart.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We came here for my son's birthday. What a fiasco. We were seated promptly, we had a 6:30 reservation and arrived right before 6:30. At 6:40 a server walked by and said she'd be right with us. At 6:50 as we were ready to walk out she came back. She thanked us for our patience and I told her it was wearing very thin. She apologized and promised to take care of us and assured us that we would receive excellent service. Turns out that was a LIE. She did deliver our bottle of wine promptly. Then disappeared. At 7:10 she dropped off a bread basket, giving us no update on our appetizer or salads. At 7:20 she brought our salads, and said that she had no idea when our appetizer would be done so she thought she'd bring our salads. A few minutes later a woman came and dropped off our appetizer. I asked her if she was a manager, she said yes. When I recapped our experience so far she said that Marla, our server, never receives complaints. Then she said "I'll review the tape to see what the issue is". She said this at least 3 times, then said "I'll take care of your appetizer". That wasn't the point, we simply wanted service!

Our entrees finally arrived and I must say they were all delicious but the baked potatoes weren't really hot, and my son's scallops seemed like they sat in the window for awhile. As the server cleared our plates she told my son he would receive a free hula pie for his birthday. After 10 minutes we hadn't received the pie and were at the end of our rope. We asked the hostess for our check, and she went and got it. At that point the server finally brought the pie, which was not good at all. We ate 2 bites and left it. Overall we were there for 2 hours, and the place wasn't that busy for a Sat. night. Two of the tables next to us were empty for most of the time we were there. We can't believe that the manager never checked back with us. The couple at the table behind us never did receive their entrees and got so frustrated they left! They had the same server. What an absolute disappointment, we will NEVER return.

Been to Aloha Steakhouse? Share your experiences!