“Filthy”

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Filthy”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Pulled in Off of The 101 on November the 12TH frwy,after a long day.Never tried this chain before and never will again.The room was filthy with stains on the walls, floors,and pretty much everywhere.Ants were crawling around the floor so the wife was scared to remove her shoes.The only plus was that the beds were pretty comfy and they appeared to be clean.This was the only reason we stayed,we were exhausted.All in all this was a huge disappointment.............

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DigitalDannyBoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying this one of the worst hotels I stayed at, it is filthy from outside and in, dog poop all around the property for days and no one is cleaning it, the room are filthy, carpets stained all over the place, the bath tub is stained as well and disgusting looking.
On top of everything I got $1400 worth of equipment stolen from my room by one of the hotels staff, the only one who knew about what I had in my room is the cleaning lady which cleaned my room around 3pm, I spoke to her the day after and she lied to me about another computer stolen in another room.
Police is investigating(yeah right) and the manager got mad at me that I ask the cleaning lady few questions.
At the night of the incident the front desk lady could not handle the situation and called the police on me for being upset, saying I was rude to other guests and "wild"
All I did is raise my voice a bit nothing else, I never spoke to any of the guest and was never rude to any one.
Got my stuff stolen from me and then the police called on me.
Worst hotel experience of my life, I am considering a law suit if they do not compensate me for my stolen items and emotional damage.
My computer had very sensitive info on it such as bank and passwords and my family social numbers etc. not to mention all my client work is lost.

• Stayed November 2013

Travellers are raving about these Ventura hotels

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here one Saturday night on our way up the coast. It was my first stay in a La Quinta, and I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. It may seem like a small thing, but the TV had available a beach scene and crashing waves sounds that I was able to leave on all night to help me sleep. The free breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Pdcatlady
Oxnard, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed 1 night with my boyfriend much to my surprise this hotel is very run down. Some of the things that were lacking are as follows. Curtains torn, no glasses to drink out of only paper cups. limited towels. beds were ok. dirty chair, didn't even want to put my stuff on it. the tile floors in the bathrooms are very slippery and dirty. Burn marks on the bathtub. no bath tub plug, we had to use a plastic bag so I could take a bath. trash cans had no liners in them. This place need a major make over. We stayed in room 206 the cost was 104.00 waist of money.. will never stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank oneglass F
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at La Quinta Ventura - 3 rooms for 1 night, 2 for a 2nd while our daughter did an 11 mile open water swim from Anacapa island to shore. I generally enjoy La Quinta as good value for money but our Ipad was stolen during this stay so so this was a bad experience.My wife reported it to the hotel manager who reported it to head office security and said not to worry, we would be compensated for the loss. La Quinta head office security insisted it must be her fault because the card activation detector did not detect any entry and no compensation would be provided. She insists she closed the door properly as she always does. Be careful with your valuables since there are no safes in the rooms and I believe people can open doors without tripping the card entry detector since there were no anti-theft plates on the door jambs. Dissappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian M
Oxnard, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at many La Quintas before and they're usually nice, but when I stayed at this La Quinta for two nights while waiting to move on to my apartment I was not impressed. The staff was friendly and helpful but I found the room to be disappointing. While the bed was comfortable with clean sheets and no bugs, the carpet was filthy, with food crumbs and dirt and the tile areas in the bathroom not much better. The ac unit/ heater did not work so the room was freezing. Overall I feel that the price is too high for what the rooms are. Definitely needs some remodeling and deep cleaning or new carpet altogether.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kirahin6
Fresno , CA
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Even after reading the bad reviews about this location, my LQ brand loyalty won out, and I booked a room. Received room 323 upon check-in.
Giving the room a once over, it seemed lacking. Little things seemed missing. Usually there is a trash bucket in the bed area, one in the bathroom. This room only had one in the bathroom. The bathroom sink faucet worked, but was not attached to the sink counter top (notified front desk at checkout, was not worth asking for another room). The bathroom area was really bad overall. The tiles were grungy, looked like they hadn't been moped in months. Stains and muck. The mirror behind the coffee maker had water/coffee splashes still on the mirror. The coffee maker itself looked bad in the reservoir area. I took a tissue, wett it, and wiped out the water res area, it was yellow on the tissue. This it the first time I didn't use the in-room coffee maker at LQ. The tub/shower area looked like it hadn't been cleaned. The toilet base porcelain towards the back, was actually broken. How doest one break the back base of a toilet?
Something else stuck out, and took me awhile to figure it out. The hair dryer was missing from the wall plate. I called the front desk to notify them (I had to leave, and when I came back, it was there again)

The bed was comfy, TV worked, WiFi connected good. No problems there. Desk staff were nice.
Can't comment on other rooms, but I wont choose LQ again for Ventura. I don't ask for much, but expect more from LQ. If I wanted a Motel6 or Travelodge, I would book them.

Room Tip: Stay at another name brand hotel in Ventura