“Comfy beds”

La Quinta Inn Ventura
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 27 December 2013

its RARE for me to find a comfy bed.This had one. There was a bum sleeping in a chaise lounge by the pool, a little disconcerting, but the room was decent. One biggie was stepping out of the shower to the floor, the floor is much further DOWN than one would think. Makes for an interesting landing. Would hurt someone with bad knees.
Have to go in elevator to outdoor walkway to room. Place is old, but it was clean and had the ONLY comfy bed for the whole 8 day trip.
No motel/hotel has a decent breakfast anymore it seems.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I've now stayed at 4 different La Quinta's mainly due to their awesome dog acceptance and pricing for dogs staying at their hotels. I have three whippets, many chains will not accept more than two dogs and then at a cost as high as $20 per dog per stay. Anyway, the age and thus what some consider cleanliness vary. The Ventura chain appears to be quite old and in need of a renovation. Yes, the chrome and condition of many of the bathroom fixtures don't look very good (I suspect the water and air quality of the area have something to contribute to scale and such). But everything was clean! The stafff was great. The bed comfortable. The hotel however wasn't dirty at all but it looks aged and old and yes, in some cases 'stained'. For that I give this one La Quinta three stars rather than say four (the Flagstaff location) or a five (the very new and rather luxurious Santa Clarita - Valencia location where we stayed two nights ago).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AndrewRodney
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Pulled in Off of The 101 on November the 12TH frwy,after a long day.Never tried this chain before and never will again.The room was filthy with stains on the walls, floors,and pretty much everywhere.Ants were crawling around the floor so the wife was scared to remove her shoes.The only plus was that the beds were pretty comfy and they appeared to be clean.This was the only reason we stayed,we were exhausted.All in all this was a huge disappointment.............

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DigitalDannyBoy
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying this one of the worst hotels I stayed at, it is filthy from outside and in, dog poop all around the property for days and no one is cleaning it, the room are filthy, carpets stained all over the place, the bath tub is stained as well and disgusting looking.
On top of everything I got $1400 worth of equipment stolen from my room by one of the hotels staff, the only one who knew about what I had in my room is the cleaning lady which cleaned my room around 3pm, I spoke to her the day after and she lied to me about another computer stolen in another room.
Police is investigating(yeah right) and the manager got mad at me that I ask the cleaning lady few questions.
At the night of the incident the front desk lady could not handle the situation and called the police on me for being upset, saying I was rude to other guests and "wild"
All I did is raise my voice a bit nothing else, I never spoke to any of the guest and was never rude to any one.
Got my stuff stolen from me and then the police called on me.
Worst hotel experience of my life, I am considering a law suit if they do not compensate me for my stolen items and emotional damage.
My computer had very sensitive info on it such as bank and passwords and my family social numbers etc. not to mention all my client work is lost.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here one Saturday night on our way up the coast. It was my first stay in a La Quinta, and I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. It may seem like a small thing, but the TV had available a beach scene and crashing waves sounds that I was able to leave on all night to help me sleep. The free breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Pdcatlady
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed 1 night with my boyfriend much to my surprise this hotel is very run down. Some of the things that were lacking are as follows. Curtains torn, no glasses to drink out of only paper cups. limited towels. beds were ok. dirty chair, didn't even want to put my stuff on it. the tile floors in the bathrooms are very slippery and dirty. Burn marks on the bathtub. no bath tub plug, we had to use a plastic bag so I could take a bath. trash cans had no liners in them. This place need a major make over. We stayed in room 206 the cost was 104.00 waist of money.. will never stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank oneglass F
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at La Quinta Ventura - 3 rooms for 1 night, 2 for a 2nd while our daughter did an 11 mile open water swim from Anacapa island to shore. I generally enjoy La Quinta as good value for money but our Ipad was stolen during this stay so so this was a bad experience.My wife reported it to the hotel manager who reported it to head office security and said not to worry, we would be compensated for the loss. La Quinta head office security insisted it must be her fault because the card activation detector did not detect any entry and no compensation would be provided. She insists she closed the door properly as she always does. Be careful with your valuables since there are no safes in the rooms and I believe people can open doors without tripping the card entry detector since there were no anti-theft plates on the door jambs. Dissappointed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family