La Quinta Inn Ventura
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Rex Motel(Ventura)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice breakfastclean roomswould stay againventura harborcontinental breakfastmarisapetfreeway
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Ventura, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had a nice stay at The La Quinta. The first night I slept very well. The Jacuzzi is nice and hot and the bed was very comfortable. The waffles in the morning were very good as well. I would stay here again. Only problem was a domestic fight that happened in the room next door at around 3 am. I am sure they were intoxicated. I called the front desk and they took care of it. Other than that my stay was very nice. I would stay here again. If you request a microwave and mini refrigerator they are on a first come first serve basis. I was lucky and got both.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 19 February 2014

It has been a great experience staying here. The room is clean, very friendly staff, accesible, affordable and the bed was comfortable. The hotel may need a bigger breakfast area, though. A whole soccer team composed of young students and their parents were staying here on the weekend I was there and the guests were much too many that we had to go back to our room to eat. All in all, it was a pleasant stay and would certainly recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. There is no elevator but it is a good exercise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The first room they gave us was already occupied by another guest! We literally walked in in somebody's room! When we went back to the reception desk, they gave us the key to another room... which was not cleaned yet (and that was around 6 pm when we were checking in! They finally managed to find us a room, but it was disgusting. There was hair in the sink, on the toilet and on the bed sheets. The carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for a year!!! There were ants in the bathroom (and who knows where else, the room is quite dark, maybe thank god to that because otherwise if there had been more disgusting things I would have rather slept in the car). Thank god we needed only a 1 night stay. We left as early as possible. This hotel is in a really bad shape and unclean. Not worth even a half of what they are asking!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I wrote a one-star review of this hotel on Yelp in Sept 2013. I visit Ventura often and I need a hotel that accepts dogs (with no deposit) and with grassy areas. Microwave and fridge are also must haves. I decided to give this hotel another shot before looking for another place to stay. On my reservation, I specified that I needed a first-floor room as I have a 3-legged dog and they accommodated that with no problem. Parking was awesome this visit but that is something I know they can't control (first come first served type of thing). My room was no where near as filthy as the last visit, which was a huge relief! Though I was right by the ice and sodas machines and the pool area, my stay was very quiet! I'm glad I gave them a second chance and I will come back. Front desk staff, Alexis, Tyler and Marisa were very friendly and cheery.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank MissBowtie
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here for almost a week. Good location at Victoria Ave and Hwy 101. This is an older hotel and ranks average overall but within the La Quinta world it is probably closer to poor. Mattress was comfortable like all the La Quinta mattresses but the washroom let the facility down. For example: heavy scale build up behind sink taps, loose toilet seat, no stopper in tub but tub was old, could not redirect shower head spray using two hands, mirror was beyond its "best before date". The rest of the room was fine. Staff were wonderful: check-in friendly and accurate, never ran out of an item at breakfast, room cleaning was great - given what the person had to work with. I ran into another La Quinta like this in Santa Fe, NM. Two in over 50 nights staying at La Quinta is not that bad but I think La Quinta can do better.
Pet area was good and a person cleaned up what guests could not be bothered to pick up. Yes, there are those type of pet owners still alive.

Room Tip: Quite rooms looking onto the swimming pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple