“Racing weekend”

La Quinta Inn Ventura
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have stayed here hundreds of times in the past Seven years. Our family races at Ventura fair grounds. Easy access on and off Highway. I would definetly suggest staying here. Children and pet friendly! Nice pool and Spa. They do a great job of keeping the noise down after 10pm. We have always felt comfortable during our stays.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaylene A

Reviewed 15 May 2014

For a hotel in such a beautiful and pricey location, the accommodations at this hotel are totally sub-par. The bathrooms in the two-bed rooms are cramped, with low ceilings and poor ventilation.

There is not even the most modest of fitness centers at this location.

The parking lot surface is in serious need of replacement. The asphalt in many areas seems to abraded away and the lines that delineate the parking spaces are almost non-existent. The layout of the parking lot and the drive path around the hotel makes it very difficult for anyone with a trailer to navigate through and should be simplified.

The internet access is nowhere near 'high-speed'. The speed test I conducted during my stay clocked in less than 1 Megabit per second. For any franchise hotel in Southern California, this is just pitiful, especially in the year 2014.

Once checked in and settled in my room, I moved the night stand to plug in the charger for my cell phone into the outlet between the beds. I noticed that the electrical cord for the bedside lamps had been wrapped in electrical tape and there was EXPOSED WIRING showing through the tape! Bear in mind, THE LAMP WAS PLUGGED IN AND THOSE WIRES WERE ENERGIZED! I promptly unplugged the lamps safely, and removed the dangerous and poorly repaired extension from the electrical cord from the lamp and presented it to the person on duty. Their eyeballs lit up when I showed them what I found and said that it would be fixed the next morning. I explained that it was not an emergency to me, and that they could fix it at their convenience, and to not worry about it that night. It was never fixed during my stay. I checked in on Sunday, and checked out Thursday morning of that same week, and there appeared to be no attempt to repair the lamp. There is no excuse for something that dangerous. Another guest or God forbid a child were to contact those energized wires and become seriously injured or killed as a result. Let us not forget that a serious fire could have resulted if the wires were to short out. The fact that nothing was done to repair this during my stay, says to me that the problem was not taken seriously and it would have been a very simple repair to do for any general handyman or a layperson for that matter.

For some perspective: I was a guest at the Best Western in Kemmerer, Wyoming for 100+ days last year. The accommodations there FAR EXCEED those offered at your hotel in Southern California. This La Quinta Hotel in Ventura, California is bested by a hotel in (what many would consider 'Podunk') Kemmerer, Wyoming of all places. You should really think about that for at least a couple of seconds. Your hotel is a piss-poor example of a La Quinta Hotel, and who ever owns or manages it, needs to seriously consider investing their dollars into renovating and modernizing their establishment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RegulatorZeroOne
Reviewed 14 May 2014

There is not even the most modest of fitness centers at this location. The parking lot surface is in serious need of replacement. The asphalt in many areas seems to abraded away and the lines that delineate the parking spaces are almost non-existent. The layout of the parking lot, and the drive path around the hotel makes it very difficult for anyone with a trailer to navigate through and should be simplified. The internet access is no where near 'high-speed'. The speed test I conducted during my stay clocked in under 1 Megabit per second. For any franchise hotel in Southern California, this is just pitiful, especially in the year 2014. There is no Business Center where guests can access a computer or print files if need be. The only way the staff informed me that I could print files, is if I emailed the file to them, and then they could access it and print it out for me. I attempted to do this in the morning, and the person on duty informed me that they could not access the printer until the manager showed up, because the room with the printer in it was under lock and key, which the person on duty had no access to. What if a guest has a file to print that is sensitive or confidential? Do you expect every guest to travel with a printer? Once checked in and settled in my room, I moved the night stand to plug in the charger for my cell phone into the outlet between the beds. I noticed that the electrical cord for the bedside lamps had been wrapped in electrical tape and there was EXPOSED WIRING showing through the tape! Bear in mind, THE LAMP WAS PLUGGED IN AND THOSE WIRES WERE ENERGIZED! I promptly unplugged the lamps safely, and removed the dangerous and poorly repaired extension from the electrical cord from the lamp and presented it to the person on duty. Their eyeballs lit up when I showed them what I found and said that it would be fixed the next morning. I explained that it was not an emergency to me, and that they could fix it at their convenience, and to not worry about it that night. It was never fixed during my stay. I checked in on Sunday, and checked out Thursday morning of that same week, and there appeared to be no attempt to repair the lamp. There is no excuse for something that dangerous. Another guest, or God forbid a child were to contact those energized wires and become seriously injured or killed as a result. Let us not forget that a serious fire could have resulted if the wires were to short out. The fact that nothing was done to repair this during my stay, says to me that the problem was not taken seriously, and it would have been a very simple repair to do for any general handyman or a layperson for that matter. For some perspective: I was a guest at the Best Western in Kemmerer, Wyoming for 100+ days last year. The accommodations there FAR EXCEED those offered at this hotel in Southern California. This La Quinta Hotel in Ventura, California is bested by a hotel in (what many would consider 'podunk') Kemmerer, Wyoming of all places. You should really think about that for at least a couple of seconds. This hotel is a piss-poor example of a La Quinta Hotel, and who ever owns or manages it, needs to seriously consider investing their dollars into renovating and modernizing their establishment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I would gladly recommend this motel to anyone and especially anyone who travels with a pet. The room was clean and comfortable and full of amenities. We enjoyed the breakfast very much and the staff was personable and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

One of the few pet friendly hotels in the area. Decent value for the money. The hotel is a tired lady, but will be going through an upgrade this year. The parking area is way past due for resurfacing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Pros: Nice lobby, close to freeway access, accepts pets without additional charge, breakfast included.

Cons: Bathroom was old and in serious need of updating and additional cleaning, public areas old and in need of updating and cleaning, carpets need to be replaced, bed sheets had yellow stains, I was bit in the middle of the night (possible bed bugs), all carbs no protein breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kaylalily t
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This place had some awful reviews. Some were true, some were not. The room was large and reasonably clean. The front desk employees were very nice and helpful. The sink had a huge crack, the tub had burn markd from cigarettes and the shower would not turn off while running bath water. There were pin sized hokes all in the blackout curtains. The pool furniture was so dirty. It was caked with grime. The breakast was ok. The parking lot had garbage littering it. Bed was fine. No bag in the garbage can just doesn't seem sanitary. Good price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple