“Terrible Stay”

La Quinta Inn Ventura
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I will never recommend to hotel to my friends, family or my business. The rooms a horrible the services sucks. I was not even going to try the breakfast in fear of getting sick. My work will never put any here again or would they recommend it to any of there clients either. I can not believe that you would even want this place with your name on it. Maybe someone from your corporate office should try and stay here and maybe they will put you in the piss smelling room to stay in. 150 is the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for a wedding in the area. It was very easy to get to, and around Ventura. The elevator was tagged up and smelled of urine. The room seemed nice, then the a/c did not work... but no biggie... till the shower broke. I had to get ready in a different room (who had a fridge and microwave; apparently they are in some, but not all rooms).

Room Tip: Ask if there is a fridge and microwave.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed in this location before, but this time it was different. The staff is friendly and location is good, the exterior is also ok. But the rooms need a lot of improvement, a whole new renovation for all the rooms. We stayed in a regular room, the beds were a little lumpy, pillows were small and semi soft. The shower head would hit me on the chest, and I am not a small guy, the tub is small compared to other La Quinta Inn's we have stayed at. This location needs to be brought up to the 21st century, I didn't try the wifi but just by reading from other members, it is not the best. Noise is low but we could still here the neighbors and people walking outside, plus the running water from the pipes in the middle of the night.

Besides that there is not much to say, we stayed one night, which in my opinion was enough, and it was just, plain and simple, a regular "ok" stay. Next time I will research more hotels before choosing this one in case they still haven not gotten up to speed, with what I'm sure a lot of people want from this facility, a renovation.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you are looking for a pet friendly hotel in Ventura, CA then La Quinta is it. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located near shopping and restaurants. We had a room on the ground floor which was prefect with our dogs. A bit of noise from the room above, but not bad. Breakfast is nice.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. For us it's all about cleanliness and the staff. At this facility, both were what we expected for the price. Clean and comfortable accommodations, while the staff was attentive and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Al W
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have stayed here hundreds of times in the past Seven years. Our family races at Ventura fair grounds. Easy access on and off Highway. I would definetly suggest staying here. Children and pet friendly! Nice pool and Spa. They do a great job of keeping the noise down after 10pm. We have always felt comfortable during our stays.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaylene A
Reviewed 15 May 2014

For a hotel in such a beautiful and pricey location, the accommodations at this hotel are totally sub-par. The bathrooms in the two-bed rooms are cramped, with low ceilings and poor ventilation.

There is not even the most modest of fitness centers at this location.

The parking lot surface is in serious need of replacement. The asphalt in many areas seems to abraded away and the lines that delineate the parking spaces are almost non-existent. The layout of the parking lot and the drive path around the hotel makes it very difficult for anyone with a trailer to navigate through and should be simplified.

The internet access is nowhere near 'high-speed'. The speed test I conducted during my stay clocked in less than 1 Megabit per second. For any franchise hotel in Southern California, this is just pitiful, especially in the year 2014.

There is no Business Center where guests can access a computer or print files if need be. The only way the staff informed me that I could print files, is if I emailed the file to them, and then they could access it and print it out for me. I attempted to do this in the morning, and the person on duty informed me that they could not access the printer until the manager showed up, because the room with the printer in it was under lock and key, which the person on duty had no access to. What if a guest has a file to print that is sensitive or confidential? Do you expect every guest to travel with a printer?

Once checked in and settled in my room, I moved the night stand to plug in the charger for my cell phone into the outlet between the beds. I noticed that the electrical cord for the bedside lamps had been wrapped in electrical tape and there was EXPOSED WIRING showing through the tape! Bear in mind, THE LAMP WAS PLUGGED IN AND THOSE WIRES WERE ENERGIZED! I promptly unplugged the lamps safely, and removed the dangerous and poorly repaired extension from the electrical cord from the lamp and presented it to the person on duty. Their eyeballs lit up when I showed them what I found and said that it would be fixed the next morning. I explained that it was not an emergency to me, and that they could fix it at their convenience, and to not worry about it that night. It was never fixed during my stay. I checked in on Sunday, and checked out Thursday morning of that same week, and there appeared to be no attempt to repair the lamp. There is no excuse for something that dangerous. Another guest or God forbid a child were to contact those energized wires and become seriously injured or killed as a result. Let us not forget that a serious fire could have resulted if the wires were to short out. The fact that nothing was done to repair this during my stay, says to me that the problem was not taken seriously and it would have been a very simple repair to do for any general handyman or a layperson for that matter.

For some perspective: I was a guest at the Best Western in Kemmerer, Wyoming for 100+ days last year. The accommodations there FAR EXCEED those offered at your hotel in Southern California. This La Quinta Hotel in Ventura, California is bested by a hotel in (what many would consider 'Podunk') Kemmerer, Wyoming of all places. You should really think about that for at least a couple of seconds. Your hotel is a piss-poor example of a La Quinta Hotel, and who ever owns or manages it, needs to seriously consider investing their dollars into renovating and modernizing their establishment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business