“nice and quite”

Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 28 May 2014

good location if you want some quite but still short drive into down town. rooms are average with fridge and coffee maker. three floors, reccomend the third floor with harbor view. The Marrott next door seemed to be in the best location for views .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank I-Get-Around-7
Catherine S, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear I-Get-Around-7,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed our location and amenities. Please come and stay with us again and enjoy summer in Ventura. Happy Traveling!
Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I booked my room through Priceline and was looking forward to checking out this hotel. However, at check-in I was informed that they did not have any rooms and that I would be staying at the Holiday Inn Express next door. They assured me that it was "the same" and I could still use all of their amenities. There was another family checking in that had booked their room through Expedia and informed of the same situation. The folks at the Holiday Inn were friendly and indicated that this was a common situation: the Sheraton overbooks guests and sends them next door. Although the hotels are not owned by the same company, they have the same management. I don't care what anyone says, Sheraton is not the same as a Holiday Inn. Beware if you book through a third party! I even called to confirm my room and they never told me that I would be sleeping elsewhere!

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Oliver02
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Oliver02,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent reservation at our property. We want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. There are occasions when the occupancy of a property must be adjusted and it can be very stressful to our guests. If you come to stay with us again, please contact me and let me know. We appreciate our guests and want them to have a comfortable stress free stay. We have discussed your comments with Management.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We liked the convenience and quality we found in the restaurant and lounge. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The AAA package included a full breakfast in the restaurant, an especially excellent deal. The view from our room overlooked dumpsters and a service lot, so ask about the view when you check in.

The location is close to shopping and restaurants a short drive away.

We would consider coming back.

Room Tip: Ask about the view from your room when checking in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joe C.,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments on our restaurant and staff. I hope you will visit us again and enjoy our summer weather. Happy Traveling!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel was clean, nicely updated, the staff were lovely, it was a short drive to the beach and I would recommend it to anyone. The restaurant was good and the room service was prompt. Parking was ample.

Room Tip: the harbour view was great
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
James B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2014

Dear Sandy M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbor soon.

James B
Director of Sales

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel to stay near Santa Barbara and use my Starwood points. The hotel is conveniently located next to the 101 highway.

I did not have high expectations for this hotel or for Ventura, but was happily surprised by the relatively big rooms (including a big bathroom), the beautiful harbor view and other ammenities which I did not use such as the tennis courts. The staff were nice and helpful as it is usually the case at Starwood hotels.

The restaurants by the harbor village (3 minutes drive) were nice and offered plenty of choices at a reasonable price (and overlooking the marina). Seafood restaurant Brophy Bros was excellent.

I would definitively stay here again if traveling the same route.

Stayed: April 2014
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Mariano L,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I am so happy you enjoyed the comfort and services we have. The Harbor is lovely and we like the restaurants too. There are many activities in Ventura as well as Santa Barbara that are so convenient. We are pleased you had a pleasant trip.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed for three nights at the Four Points Sheraton in Ventura. We used to lived in Oxnard (10 minutes south of Ventura) for 23 years but retired to Utah in 2005. Because we belong to the SPG and had stayed at a number of Sheraton and Westin hotels we were not disappointed at this hotel. We were greeted warmly by the front desk staff when we check in and was given a harbor view room. That was nice, except their was a big tree in front of our window. Oh well, the harbor is only a few minutes away and since we didn't really stay that much in our room, I didn't make such a big fuss about it. We were also celebrating my birthday and had invited some friends to stop by and join us. However, there was a convention going on and the restaurant was occupied, so we ate at the lounge . The staff at the bar was very accommodating and very pleasant in getting our drinks and food. When my husband told our server (I believe her name is Alicia) that it was my birthday, she brought out 2 slices of cheesecake for our party (there were only 6 of us) and I really appreciate her thoughtfulness. The room was very adequate and we participated in the Green Program for the hotel and there was ample towels and supplies during our stay. will stay again next time we're visiting Ventura.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becktom
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Becktom,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and leave such a nice compliment for Alicia. Our staff love our guests and try to help them be as at home as possible. It is always nice to return to our former home and still feel welcome. If you come again, please let us know so we can be ready to say" Welcome Home".
Happy Traveling.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for one night before the points redemption jump to 7000. Nice location by the harbor and you can watch the sunset. We had an upgrade room which is a little bigger with the harbor view. Parking was $10 with in and out access. There was no microwave in the room but the lady in the restaurant was incredibly helpful. She prep the food and gave us a tray with utensils to carry to our room. The room was clean and there are plenty of pillows. Overall, we had a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you are SPG member, your room will be on the third floor and they give you upgraded room which ha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Viet Travelers,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We are always so pleased when we have given a guest the best service and comfort. Please come and see us again.
Happy Traveling.