“Birthday & St. Patrick's celebration”

Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We came to the Best Western Plus Inn in Ventura, to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday and take advantage of some local St. Pat's festivities. Check in at the hotel was very easy, they had it all ready for us and wished my sister a Happy Birthday as I'd noted on our reservation. Also, offering us an upgrade for her birthday. They had some rooms being renovated, but we didn't hear anything and there was no annoyance caused. Really, the only annoyance was some young kids very excited about getting to the pool at 7:30 in the morning! But that reflects on their parents letting them run and holler like crazy at that time of the morning! I even asked to add a 4th guest to our room and needed a parking pass for her. The manager handled it with no problem and didn't charge for the addition! The room was very nice, clean and beds were super comfortable! They had a good size fridge, microwave, coffee pot, iron/board, hair dryer, wifi. It was great. The breakfast was decent, with all kinds of bagels and yogurt, fruit and scrambled eggs too. We did this same trip last year, and stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We paid WAY more and didn't get a free breakfast! The Best Western's rooms were even nicer, and your right in town within walking distance of everything. Including the beach. You are close to the freeway and train, but that didn't bother us. Value for your money, this is the better choice!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Why hello notmissinout!
Wow, Let me start off by thanking you for an awesome review. We truly appreciate our guests sharing their stay with us. If We never received any feedback, well we'd never know if we were doing a good job or if we needed improving. I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay and the price was right for you! That's always a bonus! Were pleased you had fun and hope you were able to see the St. Patrick's day parade. Happy Belated Birthday to your sis and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

First I have to say; we stay here often not only is it convenient, but we really do LOVE: Cyndy, Oscar, Meghan, & Diego..... And Carlos, bless his little managerial heart, really does his best, considering we give him a headache.

We were given the spa room for two nights but we only managed one night as it remained wet the entire night & most of the next day..... We requested to downgrade to a smaller room.

The room is Gorgeous (see the photos) but very poorly ventilated which makes for a wide array of problems.

When I walked in, across the carpet and across the marble floor to the bathroom; I noticed my shoes had left black foot marks on the floor....and I hadn't stepped in any water... just across the carpet. The next morning after her shower, my g.f was walking barefoot across the carpet and sat down to put on her socks.... When she looked down at the bottoms of her feet, they were BLACK!

After using the spa tub the steam hung in the air throughout the night and all of the next day... The problem is a complete lack of ventilation. The window over the spa does not open, there is no vent in the bathroom only a window on the far wall (so taking a shower adds to the dampness).

The ceiling over the spa tub is damp and shows water retention!

The only other window is across the room next to the bed and it is so far from the spa tub that opening it does no good, not to mention that opening the curtains & windows leaves no privacy & it gets cold at night!

Not only did the steam never dissipate; it soaked our books (the pages curled up) and clothing (all remained damp). The steam left the carpet wet and the tile floors slippery & wet. The new wallpaper is curling & peeling.....

The dampness also aggravated our breathing.

I am at a Complete loss as to why the owner continues to IGNORE the Fact that his new renovations are not only inferior but a waste of money. The exhaust fans in the bathrooms (that have them) are weak and only run by a motion detector so the steam from the shower does not escape up the roof vent but drifts out into the room..... The windows that were in the bathrooms were covered up by lovely full mirrors, but the steam has nowhere to go.... and the NEW wall paper in several of the rooms is already peeling.

The heater/ac unit is so high up on the wall, we couldn't turn it on, not even standing on the chair.

I am at such a loss...... but like I said, we ♥ the staff and the convenient location, so we stay until we find something better.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms near the front are not as susceptible to the sounds of the passing trains and freeway t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Auntie-Nanuuq-
We are extremely grateful for your feedback and business. We have shared your experience with the owner and are in the process of improving that room. We already started by installing a remote controlled fan. We want to say thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ventura!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

When we stayed at the Best Western in Ventura, it was in the middle of a renovation. The room we stayed in had been redone very nicely. The location is very convenient and it was just a short walk to the pier, where we watched the sun set.

The train tracks run right behind the hotel and I was worried that the noise might wake us up, but we didn't hear it at all as long as the window was closed.

The price was great, too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hello bmalloy,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about our recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed our location and found your newly renovated room to your liking! =) Its awesome you were able to enjoy the sunset. Most people do not hear the train but sometimes they do. It was here before us and we do our best to inform all our guests about it. We hope that next time you are in
Ventura you allow us to welcome you again!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

No hot water in the morning..NONE ,Phoned the front desk and they said we could walk across the parking lot and use a shower in another room "I don,t think so!!!!" Soap in coffee pot not rinsed out and we drank it and spit it out

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Vic G

Vic G,
Due to our renovations, while they were finishing the plumbing aspect of it they did need to turn off the water for short intervals. Because of this the water took longer to circulate and become hot. I have spoke to the housekeeping staff regarding the coffee pot. We are truly sorry that you were less than satisfied with your stay, for I know how frustrating this must have been. If we can be of further assistance please give us a call directly to the hotel. Thank you

Reviewed 6 March 2014

To the moment we checked in, until we left everything went great! I was up with my 2 year old and husband visiting my two brothers in college. Room was nicely decorated and very quiet. Also went to the Santa Barbara zoo, only 30 minutes away! Great trip! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hi Katier1922-
We want to thank you for the awesome review. It really is a pleasure to hear you had a good stay. The Santa Barbara Zoo is really cool, and a so beautiful. I'm glad that you were able to go and enjoy it. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ventura! =)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a nice hotel, but the heater/air did not work in room 222. My husband ate at the buffet and the rolls were very stale, and the potatoes tasted old. A soda machine ate my money. The room was very nice however.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Why hello mernasweber!
I am truly regretful that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We do have maintenance on duty during the day and our front desk agents are pretty knowledgeable as well! We love and appreciate all guest feedback and are open to suggestions. Like ideas and feedback about breakfast items. We do hope that next time you are in Ventura you might give us another chance to accommodate you!

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

After driving around in Downtown Ventura trying to find a hotel room with husband for a weekend birthday getaway we came across Best Western Inn. I'm so glad we stopped, we not only got the last room with a jacuzzi tub but we got great customer service from Cyndy. She was very helpful and even suggested a great place for dinner that was amazing. She even accommodated us with a late check out which was very helpful. Next time we head back to Ventura we'll make sure we stay here again. Thank You Cyndy for all your ur help! : )

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Angela S-
I am very thankful for your review and want to say thank you for taking the time to leave us a few lines. I do hope that your husband had wonderful birthday weekend you both enjoyed your time here in Ventura. We look forward to welcoming you again. I received your survey as well and I thank you for your feedback. =)