“Nice rooms, good staff, NOISY”

Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Gilbert, AZ, United States
“Nice rooms, good staff, NOISY”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The room was quite nice and the staff was excellent. however, the hotel is built around the parking lot in the center and there were people constantly slamming car doors and setting alarms which beeped the car horn. Children were skating and riding scooters in the parking lot and up and down the walkways in front of the rooms. One child almost ran into me as I stepped out of my room. It would be in the hotel’s best interest to strongly remind people to be courteous and considerate of other people and keep noise to a minimum and prohibit and enforce kids playing in the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Robert F
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Robert F-
I am so sorry about this! I do remember the weekend you are speaking of. I even remember my maintenance man mentioning to me that he had to ask some kids on scooters to please not ride them in our corridors. I do hope that if you ever are in or area again that you do give us another chance to welcome you! =)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

let me just start by saying I'm a 42 year old fitness trainer who loves Best Western as a diamond member for the five years. IM both a Mother and grandmother & newlywed to my husband who also father to to four children.
I cant even find the words to warn any decent traveling couple that is on a job vacation in between house whatever the case maybe
DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE ,
I AM A DIAMOND MEMBER WHO HAS BEEN ONE FOR 5 yrs
NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE HAVE Been treated so horrible or badly attacked humiliated to the point of tears wrongfully which MY EYES R. DOING NOW AS I WRITE THIS ..wrongfully treated spit at in face buy the male general AS HE IS YELLING WITH SPITTAL FLYING in lobby calling my husband names US bad people threating my husband TO CALL POLICE HE THINKS MY.HUSBAND has BEEN IN TROUBLE B4 Tattoos on husband of his kids & naked girl barely visible with a ba head cant want im calmly asking why r u screaming n spitting we just got here fel
Best Western please.investigate ithis violent scary prejudice, hateful man . hospitalized upset to the point we are seeking legal reprensentation. Thankgod for cell phone video camera.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cheyenne333
Pieterlen
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This typical, traditional style US Motel ( 2 story building) is located close to the beach, shops and restaurants. The rooms are nice. The breakfast buffet is okay, but there are not so many tables available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings Mizzi22-
Why thank you for dropping us a few lines. our review is appreciated. We are actually going to be making the breakfast area bigger in the year to come! We hope that you might be back again to see the improvements and growth!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was outstanding! Usually, when visiting Ventura we stay somewhere else, but when planning for this trip that hotel was booked. So, I had to look for another option. Very grateful for this problem. This hotel is closer and has more variety to stores and restaurants. The hotel does serve a breakfast buffet, very nice way to start the day.
Only drawbacks, the vending machine items get baked in the sun all day...chocolate. And the machine choices are messed up. I put in the selection for one thing and it gave me nothing, but did keep my money...the front desk did reimburse me. Also, the laundry facilities: one washer and dryer, one key, so in my case when someone is not considerate in returning it can be a slight inconvenience. But, overall still great and if traveling with kids and for us and in our case a Service Dog, there is a park caddy corner to the hotel. Oh! Also parking lot is not overcrowded and the hotel also has a pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry P
Hey Jerry P!
Thank you for taking the time to drop us a few lines. You and your business are appreciated, and so is your feedback. We love hearing about our guests experiences and we sure hope that the next time your in Ventura you'll allow us to welcome you again!
San Elijo Hills, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hotel was ok on the surface but dig deep and seemed to be not very clean. All the surfaces seemed to be not very clean. The room seemed like the staff just ran through it quickly and didn't care to get it ready for the next customer. I think the spider in the curtains just ruined if for me because after that I just tore the place apart with my inspection.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Dennis L
Dennis L-
Its disappointing to hear that you were not satisfied. We pride ourselves on how clean our rooms are and are complimented several times daily honestly! I sure hope you let the staff at the front desk know so we could follow up on it, or if one was available find a room that was more to your liking. We hope that you might give us second chance in the future, thank you for your review!
Merced, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I checked in late and was told there was NO smoking anywhere on the property. I am used to no smoking in the room as I do not smoke in my house, but on the property was a little extreme for me. It was late and I was tired so I stayed. The internet connection wasn't very good to conduct my business. AND upon waking there was a COCKROACH in my bed. I will probably not stay here again. The breakfast was good and that was about it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Denise Q
Denise Q-
I am truly terribly sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We are a non smoking hotel and provide a smoking area as a courtesy to our guests who do smoke. The reason we have a policy as such is all though you may be outside your room the smoke does travel. Guests stay here knowing that we are a smoke free hotel.
As far as the bug. We sure hope that you brought this to the attention of the front desk. This is not an issue here, but would be investigated immediately.
Our staff is great at trouble shooting many issues, and guests having trouble getting connected is one of them! Also, there is a plaque in the room that offers a toll free number in which our Wi-Fi provider can help walk you through and troubleshoot any issues you might be having.
We are thankful for your feedback! =)
SAN JOSE, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The staff was very helpful. The room was clean and amenities were nicely maintained. The location of the hotel was excellent, close to downtown restaurants and attractions and the beach and harbor. Ventura is a great place to sightsee, shop and eat great food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

John H-
Ventura is a charming town and we happen to be located right in the heart of old town a short walk to downtown and a minutes walk away from the pier. We thank you for your awesome review and are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and Ventura!