“Don't Pass Pete's”

Dining options: Breakfast
Santa Clarita, CA
“Don't Pass Pete's”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went there for breakfast and we were not disappointed! Service was great - friendly and attentive. The food was so yummy! I had the feta scramble - three eggs, feta cheese, spinach, mushrooms and onions. It was chock full of the veggies and cheese, and cooked just right. You have to have their biscuits along with the homemade strawberry jam, it's worth all the calories!

Visited August 2014

Chicago
“A must-go every trip to Ventura”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

A delicious fun local restaurant which we must visit every trip to Ventura.
My husband has tried different menu items and has enjoyed all of them but I always get the strawberry waffle--a delicious waffle with fresh strawberries and bananas, a small amount of chocolate sauce, homemade granola and vanilla ice cream! Pretty and delicious!
It is always crowded so go early if you don't want to wait.
We have nothing had anything but excellent service and the prices are comparable to any similar breakfast house.

Visited July 2014
London, Canada
“Do lunch instead and avoid the breakfast rush”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I made a point of dropping in here for lunch on a day trip from LA after reading some TripAdvisor reviews. Since I didn't arrive until 1:30-1:45ish even the nooners had moved on, but Pete's was still open, which worked out really well for me since it wasn't crazy busy. Parked in the vacant lot next door.

When I came in I was offered to sit wherever I wanted and was immediately given a coffee. The waiter came and took my omelet order 2 minutes later, then returned shortly afterward to confirm the type of peppers I wanted. About 5 minutes later the omelet arrived, along with some of the best sourdough toast I've ever tasted, which is no small remark because I'm a bit of a sourdough freak. I asked about where i could buy the bread but he told me it came from a non-retail source. I almost cried LOL

Everybody seemed to be a local except me, always a good sign. Lots of yukking it up between the kitchen and wait staff who seemed to be enjoying that the day was winding down.

Washrooms are a bit spartan but they fit the decor and it's an old building. Cost about $10.

• Visited March 2014
Durban, South Africa
“Breakfast stop”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This quaint restaurant is right along the main road in to Ventura and serves up a good variety of breakfast options at reasonable prices. They make a spicy habanero sauce that is worth a try, hot but not blow your head off hot, which is great. Friendly and efficient service leaves you feeling satisfied.

1 Thank Dbnguys
Cedar Ridge, California
“Breakfast you wish could last all day.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Waw!!!!!!! This is a quaint diner that does everything right! From the coffee, to the the rest of the meal. Portions are large, and simply delicious. We were able to beat the rush, but there and be up to a 20 minute wait for a table, but it is well worth it!!! Planning the next trip to Ventura, just to have breakfast at Pete's!!!!

• Visited June 2014