“It's really good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 August 2014

As diners go this one is great - though don't come expecting gourmet fare. The blueberry pancakes that I had were top notch and the strawberry jam is right up there with them. My dining companions reported similarly on their choices. The waitress was especially chatty about the likes and dislikes of children and she was a hit with my two grandchildren as well as the adults. Pete's is located fairly far out from the main downtown part of Ventura and a car is a necessity to get there. Come early to ensure that you snare a spot in the adjacent parking lot though there is also a lot of street side space available too. What family owned eateries strive to be - intimate, friendly, knowledgable, good value with well perfected recipes for meals - Pete's has in abundance. After a meal at Pete's I would't ever think of eating breakfast in my Ventura waterfront hotel again.

1  Thank Taughboyne

Reviewed 10 August 2014

For breakfast, cant beat their hearty meals! I had the egg club on sourdough- WOWZA!!
The atmosphere is kinda eclectic, but in a good way. It gets crowded here so come early and they close at 2:00 sharp!
If you are looking for a place that has a variety of breakfast items, and delicious potatoes- then stop in, They are inexpensive and quick to get in and out. They have patio seating.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went there for breakfast and we were not disappointed! Service was great - friendly and attentive. The food was so yummy! I had the feta scramble - three eggs, feta cheese, spinach, mushrooms and onions. It was chock full of the veggies and cheese, and cooked just right. You have to have their biscuits along with the homemade strawberry jam, it's worth all the calories!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

A delicious fun local restaurant which we must visit every trip to Ventura.
My husband has tried different menu items and has enjoyed all of them but I always get the strawberry waffle--a delicious waffle with fresh strawberries and bananas, a small amount of chocolate sauce, homemade granola and vanilla ice cream! Pretty and delicious!
It is always crowded so go early if you don't want to wait.
We have nothing had anything but excellent service and the prices are comparable to any similar breakfast house.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I made a point of dropping in here for lunch on a day trip from LA after reading some TripAdvisor reviews. Since I didn't arrive until 1:30-1:45ish even the nooners had moved on, but Pete's was still open, which worked out really well for me since it wasn't crazy busy. Parked in the vacant lot next door.

When I came in I was offered to sit wherever I wanted and was immediately given a coffee. The waiter came and took my omelet order 2 minutes later, then returned shortly afterward to confirm the type of peppers I wanted. About 5 minutes later the omelet arrived, along with some of the best sourdough toast I've ever tasted, which is no small remark because I'm a bit of a sourdough freak. I asked about where i could buy the bread but he told me it came from a non-retail source. I almost cried LOL

Everybody seemed to be a local except me, always a good sign. Lots of yukking it up between the kitchen and wait staff who seemed to be enjoying that the day was winding down.

Washrooms are a bit spartan but they fit the decor and it's an old building. Cost about $10.