“Great food - and suitable for vegans/veggies”

Anacapa Brewing Company
Ranked #9 of 457 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great place, very friendly and if you are into beer - then you wont be disappointed. Try their taster tray of beers... a fab array of colours and tastes. They also do very good food with an excellent choice for veggies/vegans. Their avocado wrap is superb - I'd really recommend that. Plus sweet potato fries and a tasty vegetable pizza. There are lots more choices too. Say hi to Dan the owner - very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is a great place to stop for lunch or dinner when walking around Ventura. They have a nice selection of locals brews accommodating to pretty much anyone. The maple brown ale was so delicious! Food was also really good. The appetizer sampler was good but nothing special. The best meal ordered at our table was the Chicken and Waffles with an honorable mention to the Beef Stroganoff.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

OK, here we go again with the slow service theme in Ventura restaurants. I sat at the bar but it took quite a while for the bartender to take my order. I ordered a beer and then a meal. The bartender was NOT friendly and looked a bit overworked. Took too long to get my meal and no smiles or anything from anyone but the hostess that I met at the front before sitting down. The food was good once it came. But, then it took some time for the bill to arrive so I could pay and leave. The bartender seemed to be too busy to get my bill to me. A bit more friendly service and few smiles would have upped my rating to at least a 4. They were quite busy when I got there as it was around the noon hour.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Like to come for the pitchers of Specialty beer. Salads are good to, Fish tacos needed a bit more flavor. Service was excellent!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I Love this place. Appetizers, sandwiches and different selections of beer each time we go. It’s always delicious.