“A Bigger Casa...soon to come.”
Review of Casa DE Soria

Casa DE Soria
Ranked #34 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Cave Creek, Arizona
“A Bigger Casa...soon to come.”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

On a recent visit to Casa De Soria, our waiter mentioned that they will be expanding soon. He promised they will be keeping the same great food. I grew up in Ventura and as a kid I loved the food, however remember most that my Dad would always treat my sister and I to an "Orange Crush, soda in a bottle".

Our latest trip was again a wonderful meal and great service. A combination platter of one beef taco and a cheese enchilada. I enjoy the flavor of the red enchilada sauce. Just a hint of heat, and the beans are the best, chunky refried beans around. (and no lard). There is something about the chips and salsa too that make them the best around. I save a few chips to scoop up my savory beans. Yum. Friends ordered a bean tostada, she says it is the best!

A trip to Ventura is not complete without a trip to Casa de Soria. I look forward to the expansion and all the wonderful servers and employees. I always have wonderful service.

If you are looking for a fancy place with updated decor, Casa is not that type of place. This is a place for great food that the locals have enjoyed for years. I'll skip the fancy decor anytime!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank GeorjannR

“Way to go!!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Great food with real mexican flavour!! My family loved it snd the srevice was first class.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This is my favorite Mexican food restaurant. Their rice and beans are the best I've ever had. The decor is old school. They have signed photos of old movie and TV movie stars on the walls. It's not fancy but the food is great and the price is right.

• Visited March 2012
Huntington Beach
“not as good”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

this time around the food was not good. the flavor of the green and red sauces was lacking and they charge extra for a "homemade" tortilla

Visited May 2012
Goleta, California
“Excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We went to Casa De Soria on a friend's recommendation and we are glad we did. The chips and salsa are wonderful. The nine people in our group all really liked their food. We will definitely be back. The only thing that could be improved is the exterior, but then it would be touristy and not a great locals place.

• Visited May 2012