“Our "Go To" Place for a Quick Celebration!”

Black Angus Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main / Telephone Rd.
Description: Great for steak and so much more… Black Angus Steakhouse has built its reputation on providing a Genuine American Steakhouse experience to remember. Our Chefs are proud to serve only Black Angus steaks that are carefully aged, fresh-cut daily, and grilled over an open flame. Our other specialties include a variety of succulent seafood, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs and our famous slow-roasted Prime Rib. Whatever you're craving, we pride ourselves at Black Angus Steakhouse for superior quality, friendly service, and great food. It's more than a tradition - it's our passion every day. Black Angus offers a full array of menu items that are naturally gluten free. Ask for their Gluten Free Trail Map.
Thousand Oaks, California
“Our "Go To" Place for a Quick Celebration!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We've eaten at Black Angus in Ventura a number of times. I don't remember ever being disappointed. We went last week for my wife's birthday We got the Campfire Special for Two.
Your Choice of any Appetizer, choice of two Entre's from a list plus your choice of any two side dishes and a dessert to split!!! Regular price is $52. or so...but with a coupon it was $39.
My wife had the Filet and said it was Delish...I had the Rib Steak (it was actually $3. more... I failed to notice the 6pt type listing which was misleading) it was tender, juicy & tasty. The sides, appetizer combo and dessert were all very good. It never seems too crowded and the waitresses. so far, have all been very friendly. It's a Cowboy themed place, right off the freeway in Downtown Ventura CA. We Really Like this Place!!!

• Visited October 2013

Camarillo, California
“reasonable price”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I am so glad we still have one close by where we live, so every time I have a coupon which is really great because you can order from appetizer to desert. Their molasses bread was really good & yummy. The best buffalo wings in town, crunchy & spicy. And every time we have still food for the next day which my sons love to eat. Really a great place to eat.

• Visited September 2013
Ventura, California
“Good dinner, has gluten free options!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I haven't been to a Black Angus in years as the one near us closed. I missed the predictable food. I was very pleased that they now have gluten free options (although it is not a gluten free kitchen). They were very accommodating and our server was nice. The manager actually came over several times to make sure everything was going well. I had the artichoke for the appetizer, salmon for the main course and the gluten free flourless cake for dessert. What a treat to get a dessert at a restaurant. That is almost impossible for me. It was not really like cake, more like fudge, but really good. The other food was good, too, and I agree with the person who said it is consistently good food, and reasonably priced. This is not to be compared to a Ruth Chris, but neither is the cost comparable.

• Visited June 2013
san diego
“LOVE this place”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I've never had a bad meal at a Black Angus and am disappointed there are none close by where I live so every time I come up to this area, I stop in. They usually have coupons for both lunch and dinners plus a wonderful happy hour food specials. The best blue cheese dressing and yummy bread. Nice servers, just a happy time always! Thank you!

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Fast service for hungry crew”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stopped in near closing after the Channel 70 Video crew spent a very long day on an outdoor shoot. We were mostly hungry for red meat and a bit lacking in the patience department. Even though the server also had been working all day, she treated us like kings and was cheerful to a fault. And, the food came fast. I had the bacon wrapped filet mignon and didn't do it justice because I near inhaled it. I'm sure it was good. Our script supervisor/PA put a huge sirloin away in minutes into her 90 lb frame. Once we had some food in us, everyone mellowed. Still, out of respect to the staff, we made sure we left before closing time. We're returning for lunch later in the week to really enjoy this Black Angus. The only thing missing was a cell phone jammer to hinder those really important people dining the next table over.

• Visited April 2012