“Crowne Plaza Needs Refurbishing!!!”

Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Thousand Oaks, California
“Crowne Plaza Needs Refurbishing!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was looking forward to visiting the Crowne plaza Ventura. I was very disappointed. The curtains were stained and had holes. The water in the shower was luke warm. Called maintenance, they did fix it after working on it for half an hour but left the bath tub dirty. The beds are hard and I had a room so near the freeway that we couldn't open the sliding door because it was so loud.

Very disappointed!!!

Room Tip: try to get a room closer to the ocean not the freeway
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear travelin_girl6969,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Crowne Plaza Ventura has great location beach wise. But there is railway just next to hotel. And trains blow their horns because of the crossroad next to hotel. Some rooms are a bit dated, but some floors are allready renovated. We stayed at 11 th floor. The view were beautiful and sunset breath taking. Service at lobby was good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Jantsa,

Thank you for choosing us again and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know that you liked the beautiful view from your room and the good service that you have received at the lobby. However, I am sorry that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us because of the certain noise levels. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Faith R
Irvine, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked my hotel stay through Getaroom GetaDeal and confirmed I would be getting two beds - over and over again. I paid much more that the going rate, but was happy as long as I was getting two beds. Got there - one bed. After being on the phone of over an hour and 30 mins talking with the hotel and Getaroom GetaDeal - there was nothing they could do but offer me $25 off my $277 room per night rate. I can not believe someone would lie to make a hotel sales and then the management do nothing ($25 off is nothing!) about it. The marathon room rate was $169. Not only was the room one bed, it smelt moldy, bedding was horrible, and our view was a nice 5 foot close up of the back of a disgustingly filthy AC unit filter. Then at 10:30pm someone starts running on the treatmill for an hour of thumping right into my pillow. This was not the perfect nights sleep the night before a marathon. I did have time to utilize any of the hotel services, although the hotel staff were very friendly and there was a nice environment in the lobby and a downstairs bar that looked very nice. But sorry overall the hotel was horrible considering it was $277 a night.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel and not a third party who claims they have the cheapest rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Karen G,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay. It’s good to know you liked our amenities and friendly staff. However, I apologize for the inconvenience you had with your reservation. I have sent you a private message to know more about your experience. We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Ventura hotels

Santa Paula, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is headquarters for the Channel Islands National Park programs. Last week 30 of us enjoyed staying at this excellent venue located right on the beach and only a short walk to the heart of Ventura. The staff never disappoints and every room has a view. I love staying there.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a north-south orientation so the even numbered rooms get the sunset and the odd numb...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is right by the beach but also right next the freeway and a railtrack. It was very noisy, I dont think the windows fit properly so the traffic noise made for a poor nights sleep. The hotel itself is pleasant. The rooms are a good size and the restaurant and pool were very nice. The waitress service by the pool was quick, friendly and efficient. If only the windows get the road noise out.....

Room Tip: As far away from the road as possible....
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

just got home from a miserable hotel experience. This place is right on the Ventura beach, so it's got location and ocean view going for it. That's all. When I booked it for the Mother's Day weekend the reviews I saw were about a B or B+. I give it an F+ tops. I booked and prepaid for an ocean-view room with a king-size bed. Upon checking in the check-in clerk informed me they were sold out of ocean view king rooms and I would have to accept a non ocean view room on a lower floor, I informed her I had paid for ocean view and expected same. She then offered me a room with 2 queen-sized beds--not quite the same but better than no ocean view. it was downhill from there. This is the first hotel (as opposed to motel) I have ever stayed at that did not have valets to greet, park cars and assist with bringing in luggage. This should have been the tipoff that this hotel is really a motel in masquerade. We unloaded our luggage, parked our car, then got a bellhop to assist bringing the luggage to our room. Our room had an ocean view, but also had more ambient street noise than I've ever heard from a hotel before. We called down for extra towels and two wine glasses so we could enjoy some of the wine we brought with us. Yes sir, we,ll have housekeeping bring up to you right away. Never saw either. Hey don't worry there's a coffee maker in the room so we'll have coffee. Oops, no carafe to hold the coffee. Clearly no one had adequately checked out our room before we moved in. so we went into town for a lovely dinner and forgot our woes with the hotel. Unfortunately, when we returned, the hotel's parking lot was full and of course there is no valet so we had to ask in the lobby as to where we could park. They told us to park in the public lot across the mall and bring them the receipt for validation. again, it was all on us to service ourselves. just like any motel, certainly not a hotel. Luckily just then a couple emerged to their car and we got their spot without having to drive to the public lot. all in all this was an experience we would never repeat. The beach view was not worth all the irritations and missing hotel amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aresverde
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear aresverde,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and posting a review about your experience. I am sorry to see that your expectations were not met during your stay, since you mentioned in detail that you were supposed to get an ocean view room.

As we value all of our guests, your comments are highly appreciated and will be used in focusing on improvements. We look forward to another chance in serving you on your next visit to Ventura Beach.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times for work. It is always a pleasant stay and I have seen many upgrades take place over the last couple years. It is an older hotel so it doesn’t have the “fresh” feel of maybe somewhere like the Hilton in Oxnard, but let’s be honest; you are staying here for the view and location. The hotel is right on the beach and whether you are on the North or South facing side of the hotel you will have a balcony that looks out onto the Pacific ocean (if you are on the North side you can wake up and watch the surfers each morning, while the South side looks out onto the pier….both great views).

There is a nice bar in the lobby and the restaurant puts out a pretty solid breakfast. Customer service is always very hospitable and there is onsite parking, although it is kind of pricey. Although it’s older, the location makes this place the hotel of choice whenever I travel out this way.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventura
Ventura Beach Marriott
Comfort Inn
#1 of 23 in Ventura
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor

Been to Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach? Share your experiences!