“Location location location!! & lovely service”

Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is a bit dated on the outside, a bit like Ventura itself. However, the rooms are lovely, clean, comfy beds and excellent views.
2 points against the hotel: the sheets were changed EVERY day. This was a little over the top and wasteful (of water & resources); and the restaurant for breakfast was very gloomy: such unhappy staff & the food was ordinary too.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
dquintana, Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear. JTCoffs,

We appreciate the feedback you've provided and we are glad to know you enjoyed our beachfront location. Our hotel team takes these reviews very personally and we always do our best to provide a fun and friendly experience and atmosphere, we apologize for not showing this type of experience during your time with us. Thank you for your time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was an amazing stay. I've haven't been in a hotel the was so complete in a long time. The staff was incredible too. The food was wonderful, my room was fantastic the view was perfect.
Thank you for the great experience.

Room Tip: Just ask anyone who works at the hotel. They are well cross trained.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear. GregR,

Thank you for the very kind 5 star review, your kind words a very much appreciated. These type of comments go a long way in helping us keep up our hotel morale and our ultimate goal of being the best hotel in the City of Ventura. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is old and needs to be renovated. But this is not why I am recommending no one stay here. We registered online through our soccer club, we got our confirmation and we thought everything was okay. When we were actually at the hotel we spoke to another parent and they told us that they were charged $109 per night which was about half of what we were being charged. We were charged $195.99 per night. When I went to the front desk to ask why I was charged more than everyone else, I was told that I would have to talk to a manager. This was after explaining everything to the front desk clerk for about 10 minutes. So I asked to talk to a manager and of course none were available. So I asked how long it would be to talk to a manager and was told it would be a few minutes as the manager was busy. I told them I would wait at the bar, just about 10 feet away from the front desk. They said they would send the manager out when he was available. I waited thirty minutes and no one came out so I went back to the front desk. After asking for the manager one finally came out. After talking to the manager for about 10 minutes I was told that he would talk to the sales team that makes the “soccer team” rates and someone would call me the next day. I waited 3 days and no one called me. So I called them and asked to speak to a manager. Had to wait 9 minutes for manager. I explained my situation to him and he just did not care. He was rude, disrespectful and kept cutting me off when I was trying to talk. He basically said there was nothing he could do. All the employees were rude and did not care. It was as if they had all been through this before??? I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank GregL69

Dear. GregL69,

Thank you for your comments we appreciate the feedback and will use these comments to help ensure we are providing quality service and a clear understanding to our guests about our rates and services offered. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Perched between the Pacific Ocean and the cool Ventura shopping district, the location and views are hard to beat. Yes, the hotel is showing its age, and the rooms aren't perfectly appointed, but it's 50 feet from the sand and boardwalk. I like this place and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
dquintana, Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear. Battlejag,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our property and your stay. We appreciate the feedback and agree that the hotel is older but we are constantly striving to make things better and our staff is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure a pleasant stay. Thank you again and we hope we have another chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We noticed rate changes while shopping on-line for a place to stay in Ventura and Oxnard, so we called the hotel and were surprised when a manager, Zeke, answered the phone. We explained that we would be traveling to the area several times during the summer and were looking for a good place. Zeke really took the time to help us and set us up with a nice room. Cudos to Zeke for his great customer service.

Yes, the hotel is a bit older, and is situated next to Hwy 101, however we were not disturbed by traffic noise at night. The room is a tad small, as is the bathroom, but the view is spectacular. Ask for a high floor room facing north and you will not be disappointed. Our only suggestion is that the rooms be configured so the bed always faces west so guest would awaken to the ocean rather than mountain. The towels are small and we only received two after the first cleaning day. I am certain they would bring more if asked.

The location is the best part of staying at the Crowne Plaza. Nthe promenade is outside the hotel door, so guests can walk along the beach for quite a way. Good restaurants are within walking distance, either along the promenade or downtown.

The parking fee of $12 per day was waived because the gates were broken, so we saved nearly $50 during our stay.

The customer service so far has been exemplary. This is an IHG property, so we accrue points which has already put us in gold status. We will definitely return this summer!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room facing north that has a bed facing west!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear. BeckieM,

This is such a kind and fantastic review, It's great to hear that our Night Manager Zeke was able to accommodate your needs. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and we hope we get to see you again soon this summer!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nothing special. In fact, a limited service property probably would have been better. Took forever to get a room and the next morning could not get breakfast even though it was included in our rate. Don't waste your time or money staying here. The "Ocean View" is actually a view of the parking lot and roof!

Room Tip: Choose a good room by choosing a different hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Tim C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the check in process and with your room accommodation. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the Mountains 2 Beach Marathon in May 2014. Overall our stay was very nice. The hotel is definitely a little older and needs some repairs. The main thing that I noticed was that the electronic door locks were not working properly when you tried to open the door. We saw maintenance helping different guests throughout our stay, so I was glad to see it wasn't just us that couldn't open the door. :)

We had an Ocean View room on 9th floor (room 905). It was a nice view that looked out in South direction. The balcony was not too windy and you could hear the sound of the waves. The pillows on the bed are too big to sleep with so we asked for some smaller (normal size) pillows and they immediately sent them up. Very good service throughout the stay.

We ate the breakfast buffet one time and it was subpar for sure. But kind of what we expected. We also ordered room service and ended up not eating much of it. I suggest walking in to the very quaint downtown area for food. There are a ton of good restaurants in town.

Nice bar area at hotel, but I am pregnant so didn't get to test any cocktails. But it was a very nice seating area with couches and tables. There were also nice tables outside but it was too windy out there.

Only other complaint was that they need bigger towels at their heated pool. The towels they have out there are like small workout towels. There were signs in the rooms not to bring the towels from our room down there so they need to get some better ones for guests to use.

Overall 4 stars. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends