“"reconnecting with old friends"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach

Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Ventura
Ventura, California
“"reconnecting with old friends"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We live in Ventura and had a college roommate visiting for a few days, so we decided to join him at the hotel.The room was large with a nice peek of the ocean. Doug Wood, the General Manager, saw to it that our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. we found the staff friendly and well trained. the food in the bar and restaurant was delicious This is, by far, the best hotel in Ventura!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dquintana, Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear. TonyaM,

Thank you very much for the very kind "5" you offered us and for taking the time to write about your stay. It's always great to hear about the good times people have when staying at our property and we take great pride in doing whatever we can to assure all our guests are satisfied. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Dana Point, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is definitely dated. However, the personnel make up for it. The plumbing in the bathroom sink and tub was sluggish. The furnishing were nice and everything was immaculate. The reception bar area is a pleasant surprise in itself. The family was able to socialize and play card games without being pestered to buy drinks. My only problem, as with our family group, was the train noise right outside the windows. The food was excellent. Love the idea that it is so close to other restaurants and the main drag.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dquintana, Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear. Normaredk,

Thank for the 3 star review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Our team takes this reviews very seriously and we are able to learn what we are doing well and where we need to improve. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Before I start, may I say, I have travelled the Globe and never come across a bigger dump in my life!
Yes, the location is prime but it isn't really, it's in the middle of a bloody highway (s) and next to a train line. The noise is, well....unbelievable.
We arrived at approx 1700hrs after a 6+ hour drive. The first room was like a time warp to the 1970's and had been informed that we had been upgraded! Within minutes we were told we were changing rooms due to a plumbing issue...fact...there wasn't a plumbing issue we were hoisted out for somebody else.
The next room was just disgraceful and I refused to accept it...the view from the balcony was a sight to behold...and the room was a total and complete dump.
The 3rd room was back on the ocean view...ha ha ha...again it was a dump, check out the photos I took. The bath was disgusting, the decor old, aged and just wrong on all levels.
The noise through the night from the dripping bath tap and the traffic and train was against Human Rights....how is this hole operating ?
The Management offered a complimentary derisory 'Jam on Toast' breakfast.
If you feel this place is acceptable you need to review your own personal standards, because it's a dump...FACT.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mapesworth
dquintana, Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear. Sowerby,

Please accept our sincere apology for all that you had to endure. I'm very sorry for the terrible experience we put you through. Please know and I do realize this may be hard to believe in this instance that our goal and intentions are to have all our guests leave satisfied and if there is ever an instance that we do not meet our guests needs we do have a manager on duty 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We are sharing these comments within the hotel in hopes of making ourselves and the process better, thank you again for your comments.
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is a bit dated on the outside, a bit like Ventura itself. However, the rooms are lovely, clean, comfy beds and excellent views.
2 points against the hotel: the sheets were changed EVERY day. This was a little over the top and wasteful (of water & resources); and the restaurant for breakfast was very gloomy: such unhappy staff & the food was ordinary too.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are excellent
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear. JTCoffs,

We appreciate the feedback you've provided and we are glad to know you enjoyed our beachfront location. Our hotel team takes these reviews very personally and we always do our best to provide a fun and friendly experience and atmosphere, we apologize for not showing this type of experience during your time with us. Thank you for your time!
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was an amazing stay. I've haven't been in a hotel the was so complete in a long time. The staff was incredible too. The food was wonderful, my room was fantastic the view was perfect.
Thank you for the great experience.

Room Tip: Just ask anyone who works at the hotel. They are well cross trained.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear. GregR,

Thank you for the very kind 5 star review, your kind words a very much appreciated. These type of comments go a long way in helping us keep up our hotel morale and our ultimate goal of being the best hotel in the City of Ventura. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon!
Trabuco Canyon, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is old and needs to be renovated. But this is not why I am recommending no one stay here. We registered online through our soccer club, we got our confirmation and we thought everything was okay. When we were actually at the hotel we spoke to another parent and they told us that they were charged $109 per night which was about half of what we were being charged. We were charged $195.99 per night. When I went to the front desk to ask why I was charged more than everyone else, I was told that I would have to talk to a manager. This was after explaining everything to the front desk clerk for about 10 minutes. So I asked to talk to a manager and of course none were available. So I asked how long it would be to talk to a manager and was told it would be a few minutes as the manager was busy. I told them I would wait at the bar, just about 10 feet away from the front desk. They said they would send the manager out when he was available. I waited thirty minutes and no one came out so I went back to the front desk. After asking for the manager one finally came out. After talking to the manager for about 10 minutes I was told that he would talk to the sales team that makes the “soccer team” rates and someone would call me the next day. I waited 3 days and no one called me. So I called them and asked to speak to a manager. Had to wait 9 minutes for manager. I explained my situation to him and he just did not care. He was rude, disrespectful and kept cutting me off when I was trying to talk. He basically said there was nothing he could do. All the employees were rude and did not care. It was as if they had all been through this before??? I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank GregL69
Dear. GregL69,

Thank you for your comments we appreciate the feedback and will use these comments to help ensure we are providing quality service and a clear understanding to our guests about our rates and services offered. Thank you once again for your comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Perched between the Pacific Ocean and the cool Ventura shopping district, the location and views are hard to beat. Yes, the hotel is showing its age, and the rooms aren't perfectly appointed, but it's 50 feet from the sand and boardwalk. I like this place and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dquintana, Manager at Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear. Battlejag,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our property and your stay. We appreciate the feedback and agree that the hotel is older but we are constantly striving to make things better and our staff is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure a pleasant stay. Thank you again and we hope we have another chance to serve you again.