“Not bad, not amazing. Quite adequate.”

Motel 6 Ventura Beach
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Quite cheap, but no breakfast. It won't blow your mind, but it's also quite adequate for a stopover. Very friendly staff. Convenient. "Does what it says on the tin." Don't expect an earth shattering experience though!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Decided to go for a quick weekend getaway and this was one of the few places available. I booked for 2 nights and hoped for the best. For the money it was just fine! The staff was extremely nice. Rooms are the usual bare bones or this chain but for the money it was good. Clean, which was important to me. Convenient to places to eat, beach and downtown. Beds were not as bad as I expected - I have been in much worse. All is all not bad if you are looking for a place to lay your head for the evening.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Me and my husband were on vacation we were driving on PCH just sightseeing and we decided to start looking for a hotel so we could check out the beach we saw motel 6 on harbor blvd and decided to stay there the bed was small and very uncomfortable there was no little bottles of shampoo my husband went to blow his nose and there were no Kleenex needless to say after a restless night we finally got up and left .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Sdh08 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the comfort issues that led to your unpleasant stay. The uncomfortable bed you experienced is not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Regarding the lack of amenities such as toiletries, etc. - please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were on vacation with my family and our dog. We asked for a non smoking room downstairs. The room was very clean. Great location. McDonalds next door was very convenient for us. We were very happy that the beach was only a block away. Our family wanted to stay longer but we needed to get back on the road. The price was very affordable and we really enjoy our stay. Two thumbs up for the employees that works at this motel; very helpful and friendly. We will come back on our next vacation. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bqvasquez71
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We took a ride just to get out of town, and this is where we ended up. It's a Motel 6; you get what you get and nothing more. We did get soap, but as this was a spur-of-the-moment trip, we forgot a couple of things, like shampoo. It would seem that they would have some even if it is a nominal fee. Other than that, it seemed clean enough, although they still have the old-fashioned televisions. The facility is definitely dated and the room accompaniments show the same. All in all, we accomplished what we set out to do; get away from LA for a day. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelforfunnstuff
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great access to downtown, beach and Harbor Village - each were less than 2 miles one way to ge there! Rooms are basic and clean, felt safe and eating places within a block. Customer services was fantastic. Bedding looked a little worn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank luv2hikemn
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

I was forced to stay here due to a flood at my house it was the only place the insurance company would pay for since it's close to my house and I guess the cheapest thing they could find. Well cheap is what you get because this motel is nothing but cheap!!
It's not safe between here and between the McDonals and this hotel for people that are homeless or broke that the government is paying for or that they're stealing or panhandling money. I actually had a guy stand in front of my
truck and refused to move until he gave me money. The rooms smell like a ashtray and half the people are hanging outside of the rooms all night.
I told my insurance company that I would rather pay my own money and stay at this place for free.

• Stayed: May 2013