“Better than I was expecting”

Motel 6 Ventura Beach
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Ventura
San Diego, California
“Better than I was expecting”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The other reviews scared me off from previous visits but on this trip I needed to book 2 rooms on a budget so I rolled the dice. I found the front desk staff extremely helpful and professional. There's an extra charge for wifi but the total cost with the room is still less expensive than other properties in Ventura. Clean room, comfortable bed and no problems with noise from other guests.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 11 October 2013

the only good thing I can say is well lit to talk a walk around the complex-- thats it.

I got a weekly rate, ($390 with tax) and I would expect some sort of amenities like a hair dryer. I got nothing!!
No fridge, microwave, hair dryer, no iron. The floors were dirty, the bathroom was not cleaned (there was urine stains on the toliet), the shower dripped after turned it off, the A/C was so loud could not have on while sleeping- I had to go out to run the A/C.

Also the cops showed up durin my wk stay-3 cars and a k-9 unit. the managment did not comment on what happened.

Ohh and I find a spider in my room!!

I got a weekly rate and they they only come to empty the trash and give towels 3x a wk, and one day did not even come.

The staff did needs some coaching on service as well-

Save ur hard earned $ and spend a little more to actually get a place to enjoy-

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jackets4eva
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear jackets4eva,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the guest service issues you experienced during your stay. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Wanted a cheap place to stay in ventura. Location was great close to harbour and beaches and good restaurants. Rooms were small and basic. Front desk staff really helpful and even lowered the rate we were advertised saving us $100.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This place is the worst. Pull up to see police there and was told thiat they are always on the property. Get room to walk into a room that smells like wet dog. After trying another room decided to leave and find another place. Place is full of people that are up to no good,

• Stayed September 2013
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Quite cheap, but no breakfast. It won't blow your mind, but it's also quite adequate for a stopover. Very friendly staff. Convenient. "Does what it says on the tin." Don't expect an earth shattering experience though!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Culver City, California
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Decided to go for a quick weekend getaway and this was one of the few places available. I booked for 2 nights and hoped for the best. For the money it was just fine! The staff was extremely nice. Rooms are the usual bare bones or this chain but for the money it was good. Clean, which was important to me. Convenient to places to eat, beach and downtown. Beds were not as bad as I expected - I have been in much worse. All is all not bad if you are looking for a place to lay your head for the evening.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Henderson
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Me and my husband were on vacation we were driving on PCH just sightseeing and we decided to start looking for a hotel so we could check out the beach we saw motel 6 on harbor blvd and decided to stay there the bed was small and very uncomfortable there was no little bottles of shampoo my husband went to blow his nose and there were no Kleenex needless to say after a restless night we finally got up and left .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Ventura Beach, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Sdh08 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the comfort issues that led to your unpleasant stay. The uncomfortable bed you experienced is not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Regarding the lack of amenities such as toiletries, etc. - please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain.