“Very crowded but friendly staff”

Motel 6 Ventura South
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Dortmund, Germany
“Very crowded but friendly staff”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This Motel was ok, it has a nice pool and lot's of rooms. When we stayed here ist was very crowded. But it was quiet at night. We just had a Problem with our room, we booked non- Smoking and got a Smoking room. But they did a Little Discount for us because of that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this Motel 6 for over 7 years when I come to Ventura to visit family. I've seen this place at its worst and at its best. They recently renovated the rooms. They have vinyl "hardwood" floors, new Samsung flat screen tvs, new counters, sinks, and towel holders. Our room still had the bathtub, so not sure of they are removing them from all rooms. The room was very clean. Also, they have installed cameras down all the corridors. That makes me feel that much safer!
When I reserved the room back in early July I reserved a room with a fridge/microwave combo. After a very long and stressful 7 hour drive from Las Vegas (lots of rain on the I-15), we arrived about 2am. I had just worked a full 8 hour shift and combined with the drive I was beat. Upon check in the front desk clerk told me that my reservation had been changed that day and they didn't have any rooms with the micro/fridge combo. I was too tired to argue. The next morning I went to the front desk and was told they don't have any, but if one was available they could bring me one but it would be an extra $3/day. I told her don't worry about it. It was not a necessity for us. I also asked her what I was being charged nightly. She said $73.99. I showed her my email and that I had reserved for $70.99/night. She was very nice and helpful and refunded me the difference for what I had been charged by the night clerk. Overall it was a good experience except for parking. There were a bunch of construction workers staying at the hotel and all their work trucks, and all the motels shipping containers (still in the parking lot from the renovation) filled up a majority of the lot and it just made parking impossible after 10pm. But I expected some heavier parking due to it also being Ventura County Fair time.
I was iffy about staying here after my last trip, but it was a mid price range and affordable for me. I'm very happy with the motel and will continue to stay here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn T
Las Vegas, Nv
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Check out the new Motel 6 now I know that people might not like this motel but the new rooms are great. We have been staying their for years in Ventura, Ca. You are close to the Beach and interstate. Now if you have dogs or cats this is the place to stay. This is a no frills motel. The staff is good and if you are Senior be sure to show your AARP card you will get a Discount on the rooms and internet. The have up graded their rooms and their isn't a lot of space to put you cloths this is the only draw back and their are no tubs. If you need a Refg. this is extra. But it is worth it. When staying at any Hotel or Motel check the mattress and the sheets. If it dose't look wright let the desk know. the staff will give you new sheets and towels if you don't want your room clean. If you have any problems call the front desk. Love this Motel and have always felt safe and I am a women.

Room Tip: Check out the room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank nancyyy158
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant on staying here because of the numerous negative reviews, but we were running out of options for the night, and they were the only hotel within 30 miles in our price range, so we took a chance and stayed here.

I'm so glad we did!

The outside of the building is very attractive and clean, and our room is gorgeous! Freshly remodeled, everything is very modern and clean. Fun wall colors. Pseudo - hardwood floors. Comfy beds and pillows. Funky countertop sink design. Very unique and unexpecting!

I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WanderingAdventures
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

any motel that allows "long term" residency will always attract a certain clientele, as is usually evidenced by plants in the window of their respective unit. within five minutes of arrival, the tatted out hsipanic at the top of the stairs is joined by his equally appointed brethren, and a discussion as to current issues with “south side versus north side” ensues (and I mean this literally). noise within the unit, far above average, but not to worry. a majority of the sound was transmitting through the door, not the window. removal of the mattress from the second bed, and tilting it up against the door with the chair to support it proved adequate barrier from said distraction. The overwhelming odor of pine-sol and assorted cleaning agents all of which must have included generous portions of bleach required jamming the door open, sliding the windows open, and cranking the fan on high for a good hour before it was aired out. one must question what events transpired to require such disinfecting measures.

in short, this place is a dump, with a capital “F”. I should have dug deeper into online reviews prior to our stay, but neglected to do so as this stay was a last minute, last second event. a lot of 1 star ratings depending on website. no shampoo or conditioner, charging for internet, par for the course given the savings achieved by low rates. but all else considered, the cost savings didn’t come close to substantiating the balance of the drawbacks.

this hotel has pigeonholed itself. location, acceptance of guests of questionable background or intent, dilapidated facilities and appointments, tube televisions from the 80’s, I could go on for hours.

highly un-recommended.

concerned that my opinion won’t be voiced? worry not, as copies of this will be on yelp and trip-advisor by the time you’ve read this, and every other site that has any capacity to post opinion.

cheers

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Ventura hotels

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

So I travel for a living and I stayed everything from the Fairmont to well uh THIS, so its not like I expect a Motel 6 to be a Hyatt or even a Best Western but I feel hotels / motels have some obligation of providing at least a safe environment. Had I not had a dog with me or I left for sure. ( I feel safer with a dog here.)

The Pros: Cheap, fairly quite with the exception of the fire alarm going off 2 times in the middle of the night due to unattended teens.

The Cons:
Very tiny and I mean tiny Jail Cell uh I mean Hotel room. Tho I have a feeling the cliental feels more at home in the jail cell type room if you get my drift.
Hookers and other unsavory business being conducted at all hours at this property. By Guest and unregistered guest. Good luck getting a decent towel or sheets or a pillow not yellow stained. A/c did not work and toilet ran all night and day but I got lucky my friend had to clean the toilet in her room. I smoke but I hate seeing burns on everything including the floor.
Decent police presents keeps some of the trouble down I assume.

They claim they are remolding. Well I got news for them it won't help unless they start refusing some guests from a stay. I never stay hear if I had kids!! I never stay if I was a woman alone!

Bottom line if your desperate on a road trip tired and its just for one night go for it. Otherwise I stay else where plenty of nice hotels up the street.

Room Tip: Theres not one here!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
STEVENSON
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Economy lodging is difficult to come by in this part of the world so this motel is an option. It may not be as fancy as Sandyland reef right down the road but I feel more comfortable here. The service was excellent and yes it's time for some improvements which I believe is in the making. I don't really like motel 6 because of the nonconformity from motel to motel. I was told that the corporate Motel 6s get regular inspections which is badly needed in most places. However for a place to crash this motel will do.

Room Tip: I'd prefer a room facing the courtyard and swimming pool. otherwise in the rear
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo