“Been here three times now, and will stay there again”

Motel 6 Ventura South
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Bakersfield, California
“Been here three times now, and will stay there again”
Reviewed 8 August 2009

The first time I was ever in Ventura for business, almost a year ago, I stayed the first night at the Beach and, when it turned into a two-nighter, ended up staying here on the second night. Back to back, this was the better Motel 6, and the one I always stay in now when I'm in Ventura.

I have never, ever had a problem. What particularly catches me EVERY time I'm here is the great service. Desk clerks that seem genuinely happy to have your business go a long way towards keeping my business. The only problem I ever had was that my internet went down once, and I thought it was a little crappy that they had ME call customer service... but then I realized it was because the customer service rep wanted to troubleshoot my computer before troubleshooting the network, as it's more common for user problems to occur than network problems. Made sense in the end, and when it turned out it WAS a network problem, they got it fixed within an hour, and then called me TWICE to make sure that 1) my connection came back up; then 2) my connection was still up, an hour later, and that I was happy. That's good service.

Nothing bad to say... it IS a typical Motel 6, meaning the typical M6 bedding, towels and decor. No cleanliness or safety issues though... all in all, I really like the location (apparently the police cruise through twice a night to check for illegal parking, so you have to have a parking permit or you'll be cited... and somehow that makes me feel safer). Within short driving distance to shopping and eats. Seriously, a good stop for the business traveler.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank bodega1027

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 11 July 2009

This was one of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed in. The hotel room was small, only to be rivaled by the tiny rooms on Tokyo. The beds were hard and the pillows were super thin. I had a sore back the whole weekend. The lines were long to check in and we had to call the front desk three times over the course of three hours to bring us new pillows. We also found out that our reservations were released at 6pm when we got there at 6:01. No one told us that would happen ahead of time. Apparently we had to give a credit card to have a real reservation, but they didn't ask for one when we had called ahead of time. We should have taken that as a gift and found somewhere different to stay!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank murphie_11

Travellers are raving about these Ventura hotels

Reviewed 23 February 2009

I found this motel to be very pleasant. The staff were very friendly, the rooms comfortable and clean, the property has obviously been upgraded, new fencing and lighting, very bright at night. Rooms need a little help, but were clean. LIked the courtesy call after we checked in to make sure everything was ok and asked of we needed anything, certainly unexpected!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2008

This hotel used to be an OK place - a few years ago and so in desperate need of a hotel, we decided to stay there. Boy, I was in for a surprise. The hotel looks nice from the outside, but as I walked to my room there were many many rooms that you could tell houses long-term tenants - ones that are on the scary side. I'm pretty sure I saw at least one drug deal take place and there was another couple that I think included a prostitute.

The room stunk, the counters were cracked, remote didn't work and I was afraid for my children to even touch the floor bare-footed, or sit on the comforter.

If I wouldn't have been so exhausted, I would have asked for a refund and went elsewhere - it was that bad.

• Liked — The front desk clerk
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jaymerb
Cardiff
Reviewed 26 October 2007

Last resort for a stop over on drive down to Los Angeles!

Bearable for a 7 hour sleep which is what we needed it for but would not go back unless the only other option was a crack house.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahandpaul99
Reviewed 9 July 2007

The Motel is dirty, smells, chipped and cracked furniture. Blanket were so ratty looking I would not even use them for a dog. The police were in the front office checking registration every morning. Would not stay here or reccormend this hotel. Very creepy.

• Liked — disgusting
  • Disliked — disgusting
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SisMalone
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 22 August 2006

The rooms were smelly! we were in a non-smoking and it stinked so bad, my allergies flared up the minute I walked in the room. There were people doing business deals outside our bedroom, there was noise all night. It seems like this hotel is for prostitutes to do their business. We canceled our second night and went to La Quinta one exit ahead. It was the difference from night and day, we loved the cleanliness of La Quinta. I would never ever stay at a Motel 6 again, not even for free.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the smell of the rooms.
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank ppelayo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventura
La Quinta Inn Ventura
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor
Victoria Motel
Victoria Motel
#18 of 23 in Ventura

Been to Motel 6 Ventura South? Share your experiences!