“True gourmet breakfast in Ventura!!!”
Review of Westside Cellar Cafe & Lounge - CLOSED

Westside Cellar Cafe & Lounge
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have been to Westside cellar severals times for dinner and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they are now open for breakfast and lunch! Dinner there is always amazing (I personally am a huge fan of the duck) but I was curious to see how breakfast would play out. You will NOT be disappointed! Just like dinner, the plates are artistically presented and the flavors bursting with each bite! Although Westside offers the typical breakfast foods (I.e. pancakes, eggs Benedict, omelets, etc.), this is not a typical breakfast house! The quality of the food and service is just so much better than the average breakfast house and the prices are just as cheap! I would definitely recommend Westside Cellar whether it be for breakfast/lunch or dinner!

1  Thank jlam10

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We found ourselves in Ventura around dinner time & had no idea where to go...then we saw Westside ~ thought let's give it a shot and voila...one awesome meal, amazing service, beautiful environment and perfect stemware for a great glass of vino!! Looking forward to going back soon :)

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I went to this restaurant based on the high rating it has on Trip Advisor. I have to give it a mixed review based on the following:

Positives: Nice atmosphere, friendly service, well decorated. I had the chicken schitzel based on other reviewers recommendations and it was terrific.

Negatives: My boyfriend ordered a steak that was supposed to be very rare. It showed up as medium. The kale served with it was over cooked. He did not want to send it back because then my food would have been cold. The chef offered us a free dessert for our trouble. We got triple chocolate cake which was very good.

Another BIG negative is the wine selection. The name of the restaurant leads you to believe it is a wine bar type of place. The menu had several wines listed but at least half of the selection was "out of stock." They should either not advertise as a wine bar or go stock up on wine. It looked bad to open the wine list and have most of the items be unavailable.

Reviewed 27 April 2011

I went to dinner with friend and absolutely fell in love. We got there at almost 9 and were seated right away without reservations on a Friday night. The atmosphere is perfect for a first date or an evening out, and the fireplace in the dining room adds to the environment. I had the crab cakes and the chicken schnitzel and I have been crazing both ever since. They have the best crab cakes I have ever tasted and my friend had lamb that looked delicious. The prices are a little steep (about $120 for our appetizers, entrees and dessert) but the quality of the food, atmosphere and location make it worthwhile.

1  Thank Smbdygr8
Reviewed 17 March 2011

My boyfriend took me here for our anniversary. It has a very cozy, romantic atmosphere. The staff was very friendly. The food was amazing--every single bite. We had the shrimp scampi for an appetizer, wow, then we both decided on the chicken snitzel for dinner, which smelled fantastic and tasted even better. I have been craving this dish ever since. We had strawberry cheesecake for dessert and I am not exaggerating when I say this is the best cheesecake I have ever had. They also had a wonderful wine selection. This is a great place to go for a romantic evening or just to enjoy the chef's culinary artistry. Definitely GO!!!

1  Thank Jenn4337