“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent prices for 30 years”
Review of Mandarin House Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mandarin House Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My wife and I just had a wonderful celebration of our 25th anniversary at the Mandarin House. We hosted family and friends (27 people total), using their lunch menu. Everything was lovely; the staff were very accommodating when I asked for tables to be re-arranged, extra time for chatting before being served, finding refrigerator space for the cake, etc. The lunch menu offered plenty of choices for everything, and everything was delicious. I especially enjoyed the crisp, light, perfectly done egg rolls -- a good sign at a Chinese restaurant. With tip, the cost was about $15 per person.

This was our second banquet celebration at Mandarin House, and we have enjoyed their food for over twenty-five years. I especially love the elegance in their furnishings and decorations.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Local spot with nice atmosphere, clean, and great food too. We love coming back here every trip to Channel Islands. Convenient to the harbor and open late.

Reviewed 11 February 2010

We go to Mandarin House a couple times a month. We even sometimes order it to go. It is inexpensive and good. My husband and I usually get the Egg Drop Soup for 2 and Cashew Nut Chicken with an extra bowl of rice. This is plenty for the two of us and we usually spend under $20. The Moo Shu Chicken is also very good.

Reviewed 5 November 2009

I eat here all the time, more than any other restaurant in Ventura. The food is always fresh, and the servings are huge. I don't need an appetizer with portions like this. The spicy food is spicy but not overwhelming. I like the spicy eggplant and the sizzling dishes are impressive. The soups are great, too. Service is fast and responsive, and the prices are really good. I can't believe they can serve so much food at this price. My only complaint is that they often seem to be out of spinach dishes and the BBQ ribs are a little sweet. But overall, I really like this place.