“Great afternoon!”

Ranked #48 of 437 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: More than just a great steakhouse, Winchesters serves up the freshest seafood, succulent chicken, and even some exotic meats like venison, buffalo, and elk. But don’t forget about those Certified Angus Beef™ steaks. Whether it’s the massive Rib-Eye, the petite Top Sirloin, the New York or Tri-Tip they’re always thick and juicy and grilled to perfection. Lighter fare includes great burgers, salads and grilled sandwiches. Their forty draft beers along with extensive Wine and Martini lists will round out a truly memorable meal. Two heated patios and ample parking available.
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We came here with our friends from England straight from LAX. We just came for a quick drink and snack on our drive up north. Of course being English, they wanted to taste the local beers and stuffed potatoes. The beer was cold, the potatoes were delicious, and the servers were very friendly and nice. We wandered inside and enjoyed the photos of old western stars, guns, and memorabilia. A nice place to sit is outside- we found a nice sunny spot and enjoyed the passerby. Never felt rushed by staff. Really a great experience and I will be back. Also wanted to mention we were using a voucher I purchased online and it worked great (not like some other restaurants where I have had trouble using them. Winchester's were very cool with the vouchers. A thumb's up for Winchesters!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've been to Winchester's several times, so in October 2013 I went back with a small group. I had the local beef hamburger and it was tasty and seemed to be fresh and light. The service was very nice and we sat outside and watched the foot traffic on Main Street. I will definitely go back to Winchester's and enjoy the food and the atmosphere. It works well for a light-romantic evening or an evening with friends.

JR4d, Owner at Winchesters Grill & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for the kind words, we're happy you enjoyed. Wishing you all the best this holiday season. Cheers!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Yam chips were very thin slices that just tasted like oil - not yams. BBQ tri tip was dripping in sauce and placed plain on a roll. Duke's sandwich was soggy from the mushrooms. Seats outside were black where people have held on to them - needs cleaning. OTHER than that, was a nice setting to watch people. Service was OK. Probably best to stay with the beer. ; )

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Not so long ago we went to a steakhouse in San Antonio. The steak was juicy and flavorful. I still crave that taste. So my hubby and I went to Winchesters in search for a good juicy flavorful steak.....Wrong.
I ordered the flat steak medium well and it had some flavor but just not as juicy. Every Chef cooks meats differently so you never know what you are going to get even if you say Medium or medium well. My hubby ordered the Chateau top sirloin. His steak was very dry and absolutely no flavor. Bummer! So our search goes on...

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great location and food selection. Many different types of burgers to choose from. No wait even late on a Saturday night! Good drink selection as well. On the pricier side. Waitress only came by to take order and bring check, service could have been better.