“We never miss the opportunity to stop here”

Seaward Village Fish & Chips
Ranked #44 of 434 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We discovered this marvelous fish and chip restaurant years ago, and we just love it. Everything tastes fresh, and it's the one time we take the guilty pleasure of indulging in fried fish and chips because it is worth it. We ordered a big platter and shared and it was more than enough for both of us. I also couldn't pass up a bowl of killer clam chowder. We also get a royal kick out of the dollar bills with writing on them plastered all over the little restaurant that makes it the most fun place I can think of to just hang out. It takes me back years.

There are newer reviews for Seaward Village Fish & Chips

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Take a walk at the beach and enjoy great fish. The burgers are also good and the teriyaki chicken sandwich is a reason to go to the beach. The decor is all surf and this may not be the best place to take a mid west mother in law. But if she was a child of the 60' and enjoyed Hendrix this may be her place.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This little hole in the wall place was incredibly delicious!!! I got the clam chowder in a bread bowl and zucchini sticks and my boyfriend ordered a combo platter with chips, and we ate until it seemed impossible to walk back to the car!

The atmosphere in this little place is awesome, at every table, they provide markers so that you can decorate dollar bills and pin them to the wall, seriously!

There were only two employees (I think) working when we went, and I was impressed with how on top of everything they were! Mind you, it wasn't 5 star restaurant service, but they kept our drinks full and got us our food as quick as they could! What more could you ask for?

Seating can be a slight challenge, since the building is so small, but they have patio seating as well. When we went, we were sitting on a bench outside and a great table opened up, so we snagged it. If seating is a problem for you, take your food to go! I promise you won't be disappointed!

This is right down the street from the beach-- classic beach food! Can't wait to come here again!!!

3  Thank OperationRachel
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have been here several times and always enjoy the atmosphere. It's a small beach restaurant, mostly all fried food, but super fresh and delicious. They have dollar bills stapled to the wall everywhere with people's comments, signatures, etc. It's a fun idea, but I'm not willing to waste money like that.

They serve beer and wine and it's walking distance to the beach. Great fish tacos too!

1  Thank SoCalGal6
Reviewed 11 June 2012

For seafood, we usually go to Andria's but their line was out the door and we didn't want to wait. Since we really wanted fish and chips, we took a chance on Seaward Village. BEST DECISION we've made in a long time. I thought their shrimp and chips was much better than Andria's, with a tasty, well-cooked batter that was just the way I like it. Hubby's fish and chips was some of the best we've ever had. This place is tiny, with a few tables inside and a couple more out front on the sidewalk. Service was good but if it's busy, you may wait a bit for your food. We'll definitely be going back. This is now our first choice for fish and chips.

1  Thank epscraps