“My favourite place for a quick bite”

Sharky's Woodfire Mexican Grll
Ranked #89 of 425 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
London
“My favourite place for a quick bite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I regularly eat at Sharky's - the food is delicious and incredibly good value for money, and many of the ingredients are organic. It claims to be Mexican, but don't let that put you off - it is a million miles from all the typical hideous Mexican slop that is served by hundreds of restaurants around here.

I often have a Fajita bowl for a mere $7.39, or if I'm feeling really tight, there are other, almost as delicious options for less than a fiver. The portions are huge. There are usually coupons that will save you $5 off $20 plus there's a loyalty card thingy that gives you $7 to spend after you've racked up $100.

They seem to be one of the very, very few restaurants in America that actually give a toss about sustainably caught fish. Their meats are also hormone free, apparently. I don't eat meat, so can't comment on the flavour of the meat. But it MUST be more enjoyable, knowing that you're not eating a load of hormones and antibiotics, right?!

Best of all, they BRING the food to you, and have REAL (not crappy plastic) knives & forks. I used to go to Baja Fresh before I discovered Sharky's - since then, I returned to Baja Fresh once, and regretted it!

• Visited November 2011

Ventura
“you know that deer in the headlights look........”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Just popped in to Sharkys for lunch since I was in the area. There was one girl on the counter and it was obvious she was brand new (not her fault but she didnt even know how to plug in my order). Where was her trainer at? No big deal really then Im sitting there waiting for my food and I happen to notice the main cook with the classic "deer in the headlights look" Well from there it took twenty minutes to get my food. (realize that I was the only one with an order in when I showed up and my order wasnt finished until some manager looking fellow from the back came out to help him out). Needless to say with a five minute or less drive back to work once I got there my burrito tortilla was literally a wet disentgrating mess from the word go. So did the manager who finished my burrito off for the cook just pass my order thru like this. I dont really care to know at this point, all I know is I wont be back and I recommend that If you see that deer in the headlights look when you walk in, then turn around and just walk out. By the way they do have several salsas on the bar and whatever was put in my burrito tasted like straight tomatoes with no flavor and really ruined even the flavor of a fork eaten (minimal steak) burrito.

gsl10408
“Great food but a little pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

This place has really good food but is a little expensive. They have all natural ingredients. It's basically a healthy Mexican restaurant a lot of their food is organic and the animals are vegan feed, they have whole wheat tortillas, fat free cheeses, no lard, etc. Very tasty. The best comparison I have is Baja Fresh but healthier. Hope this helps.

Ventura ca
“Healthy, Filling and Tastey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

Just had dinner with the kids here and we loved the food. The thin crusted BBQ chicken pizza was delicious! And the dressing on the cesear salad is so good. The
this an easy and a casual place to take the kids. The service people are very nice and pleasant.

losangeles
“nice place and decent lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

the place is nice and "mexican" on the inside. i like the look and music. plus the salsa bar is delicious. some of the items on the menu seemed overpriced. but everything is fresh and there's good management.