“Good chow”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great service and food.......been there a lot..........always good just like being in New York. I highly recommend Danny's.........outstanding!!!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have visited Danny's Deli for years and have found that it is one of the best restaurants in Ventura, for the quality of food served and the service provided. We normally visit for breakfast, however, we have enjoyed lunch and dinner there. There are always specials to chose from as well as the regular menu.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were one of the first customers over 15 years ago when Danny and Wendy opened. We eat at Danny's between 6 and 10 times per month. Food is great, fair price, service is quick and I mean quick. Menu is extensive with many choices for each meal. Chicken Soup is the best (add the Matzo Ball for an even better treat).

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have visited this restaurant multiple times in the past year, indicating that we like it better than most in Ventura. Still, our results have been mixed.

Service has been generally good, but on one visit the staff forgot we were in the restaurant. On most visits the food arrived quickly and quite hot. Dill pickles are on the table to eat while one waits, but there are times when I could not even finish the pickle.

Here is a summary of our thoughts about the food. The main attractions for me at any deli are the pastrami and corned beef. The corned beef is prepared in-house and is quite good, but I think they order the pastrami from outside the restaurant. I have found it to vary from delicious to way too fatty. The sandwiches, therefore, such as the Reuben, vary from delicious to not-so good. The sauerkraut on the Reubens tasted fresh and was clearly prepared in-house.

My wife had a ham and cheese sandwich which she liked a lot, but she has had clam chowder with very little clam in it. She also had a vegetarian quesadilla ($8) which she liked very much. The vegetables were fresh, the salsa was excellent and the quesadilla was flavorful. Downsides were that the green chile was mild and the guacamole did not taste fresh. My wife also thought the French fries, even though good, might have been frozen fries. I don't agree, and I thought mine were excellent. Soups, salads and coleslaw which we have had have all been good to very-good.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

not the best deli, but pretty much the only deli in town. food is consistently good, service is always fast and friendly. The owner is a real sweetheart.

Been to Danny's Deli & Grill? Share your experiences!